Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

laptop at gym... ok? no-k?

ZKaudio

Plat Hero
Platinum
So I'm at the gym today (cardio day) and I always bring my ibook and set it on the magazine holder to watch a dvd while I do cardio.. (only way I can keep my mind off what I'm doing) It's very effective and generally prevents me from getting ADD while on the bike... well... never had a problem before, but today I'm 30 mins in and this nutcase decides to get on the eliptical behind me... within 5 mins he asks me if I'm watching the new lord of the rings... (in headphones mind you) I say yes... then he tells me that it's rude for me to watch a new movie on a big laptop screen because some people around me may not have seen it and I could be "ruining it" for them.... on my way out, one of the new people working at golds (who weighs maybe a buck forty) tells me that I shouldn't bring my computer anymore, luckily I know the owner/managers but... wtf

am I really being rude here? or should I tell this guy what's up next time I see him... ps, i'm way bigger than him
 
tell those fucks if they ban your notebook, also ban cellphones and radios. case closed. write a formal lettr to the owner and if need be, make a big stink about it and call your local news station, they love thats hit, and gym owners hate bad publicity. also get them to interview the guy who made a stink on the elliptical, have them ask him if the radio bothers him, or if the in house tv's do also (your gym does have tv's int he "cardio theatre" right?)
 
ZKaudio said:
So I'm at the gym today (cardio day) and I always bring my ibook and set it on the magazine holder to watch a dvd while I do cardio.. (only way I can keep my mind off what I'm doing) It's very effective and generally prevents me from getting ADD while on the bike... well... never had a problem before, but today I'm 30 mins in and this nutcase decides to get on the eliptical behind me... within 5 mins he asks me if I'm watching the new lord of the rings... (in headphones mind you) I say yes... then he tells me that it's rude for me to watch a new movie on a big laptop screen because some people around me may not have seen it and I could be "ruining it" for them.... on my way out, one of the new people working at golds (who weighs maybe a buck forty) tells me that I shouldn't bring my computer anymore, luckily I know the owner/managers but... wtf

am I really being rude here? or should I tell this guy what's up next time I see him... ps, i'm way bigger than him

If he werent being an ignorant fucker and looking over your shoulder then you wouldnt spoil it for him.

BTW WTF has your ps message got to do with anything?
 
ZKaudio said:
so i can beat him up, d










(it was for humor duh!)

Well DUH! you cant necessarily beat him up.

Well DUH! the humour didnt come across.

So the short response would be FUCKING DUH! NUMBNUTS.

BTW bring your nice little laptop to my gym........I can guarantee you will have it no longer than 5 mins and you will prob get mugged on the way out. :evil:
 
I just wish you would wipe up all your sweat when you're done.....j/k orb....there is a guy at my gym who does this very thing but I never noticed what he's watching....but he rides the bike forever & diddles on his latptop while he's biking...

I don't have a problem with it.....except the cords are all over the place....

As long as the owner is OK with it, ignore the guy....and tell him to stop looking at your 'puter....
 
LOL... " Im way bigger than him" and that means WHAT if he has a gun?
Ga

I think this is funny I thought you were gonna say you were on AIM.
 
F him. He can move, or just mind his own business and stop looking at your stuff. Tell him to get a life and go see movies when they come out. lol

Seriously, you are free to do what you want. You are wearing headphones, it's not like you are blasting the movie all over the gym....THAT would be annoying.
 
laptop at a gym is a no in my book, what on earth do you need it for? Most upto date gyms already have LCD tv's built into each cardio equipment.
 
Bebe girl, its a bit hard to have a gun in the middle of a gym. Also, I'm way bigger than most guys, have more training, and have taken a gun away from a cop before when he hit me with it in the back of the head (anywho, I got that reduced to a misdomeanor), so a gun does not always mean anything.

ZK, I think you should tell him that you pay to go this gym, and if you want to play on yoru labtop while you do cardio, its your own business. Tell him to fuck off and mind his own business, then go and complain to the owner about it. Let him know the guy at the front desk harassed you about it also, and if he does it again you are joining (name the nearest big gym not owned by this owner) and will talk to all of your friends about doing the same. That you do NOT appreciate being harassed by his/her employees, as a paying customer.
 
ZKaudio said:
So I'm at the gym today (cardio day) and I always bring my ibook and set it on the magazine holder to watch a dvd while I do cardio.. (only way I can keep my mind off what I'm doing) It's very effective and generally prevents me from getting ADD while on the bike... well... never had a problem before, but today I'm 30 mins in and this nutcase decides to get on the eliptical behind me... within 5 mins he asks me if I'm watching the new lord of the rings... (in headphones mind you) I say yes... then he tells me that it's rude for me to watch a new movie on a big laptop screen because some people around me may not have seen it and I could be "ruining it" for them.... on my way out, one of the new people working at golds (who weighs maybe a buck forty) tells me that I shouldn't bring my computer anymore, luckily I know the owner/managers but... wtf

am I really being rude here? or should I tell this guy what's up next time I see him... ps, i'm way bigger than him


These are those moments when you wish you could just beat someone with the nearest heavy object without consequence.

What an idiot!

Tell him to stop looking at his screen and go back to watching the gym bunnies and try to mind is own business.
 
ZK, knowing the owner is a big plus. He came in once to my work awhile back and I helped him solve a problem, at which time he remembered seeing me at the gym and I told him that I left his main competitor a year ago because I was very unhappy with the way gym members were treated there who had any amount of muscle mass, by their employees (he used to be a competative powerlifter). Since then he always waves and says hello to me at the gym, and so forth. I asked him to spot me a couples months ago and then mentioned that I was having trouble finding any lockign collars for the barbells. He was like "well I just bought 8 new sets... where are they ? I'll take care of it." The next morning there were like 10 sets hanging on racks on that half of the gym when I got there.
 
I do think bringin a laptop to the gym is gay, but not because of the dvds.
 
in the cardio room would be ok by me, I might actually get a portable dvd and do the same thing now that you bring it up. Bringing it onto the weight floor would be incredibly rude though and I wouldnt be suprised if someone dropped a dumbbell on it.
 
Top Bottom