Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Lagging chest, tips n tricks anyone?

Do you train chest on its own or with another body part? definately give it its own day it not already.

Also training it first after your rest day/s can be good. The theory is you can push it harder as there is no fatigue from other trained body parts. eg tri's shoulders or back trained the day or days before.

Didn't see forced negatives in your list. You could add these should grow some mass and increase strength. Do them on flat bench with a buddy.

If your wanting mass would stick to the heavier compound movements like incline, decline and flat bench press the wider the grip the better. Making sure the weights go down to the point between the sternum and top of ribcage / bottom of pecs (flat bench). IMO lifting closer to the neck with a closer grip uses more tricep.

Also superset bench press starting heavy going to light with a friend stripping the plates for you is a good exercise as well.

I also do heavy pec flys you can really feel the stretch in the pecs doing these, the more extended you can get your arms the better still maintaining reasonable form though.

Yes! Much more the response inwas looking for! Thanks for going into detail

I train chest twice a week on its own, and i always finish shoulder day with a few drop or super sets for it as well.

I will def add some negatives into the mix, have done a few before but never put much effort into them to be honest so that's something I can try to work harder on for sure.

Funny you talk about the wider grip too, just yesterday I had a great conversation with a trainer at my gym who advised me to use a wider grip and really get the deep extention at the bottom of the rep. Will be starting a bit lighter with that tomorrow, going to really focus on quality over quantity now. I think I get into the "more is better" mindset to often and over work the muscle with too many variations of the same movement. Going to stick to 4 different excercises per chest day (different 4 each day) with 2 warm up sets and 4 working sets. Go as hard as I can with those 4 movements, then rotate between my days. Always finishing with a dropset/superset or negative to really fatigue the muscle and get that blood pumpin in there!

Thanks again man! Going to make these chesticles GROW!

Did I have the same problem it fucking sucks 😫. I look up shit all the time and ask random guys with perfect chests at the gym looking like a creep haha but I've been doing heavy db press and noticing a little difference. I guess you just have to find what's right for you.

Did I have the same problem it fucking sucks 😫. I look up shit all the time and ask random guys with perfect chests at the gym looking like a creep haha but I've been doing heavy db press and noticing a little difference. I guess you just have to find what's right for you.

Srs!!! Hahahaha I have the delts of a fucking gorilla and the chest of a 10 years old boy!!! Just some bulllllllish'

But your right it's so individual, my buddy pumps out sets of like 20-30 reps with 15 or 20 pounds on the cables and his chest just BLOWS up... I do that and I swear I loose size overnight 🙈🙈 lol shit ain't fair.

Going to stick to 4 different excercises per chest day (different 4 each day) with 2 warm up sets and 4 working sets. Go as hard as I can with those 4 movements, then rotate between my days. Always finishing with a dropset/superset or negative to really fatigue the muscle and get that blood pumpin in there!

If you're wanting mass and doing cables with only 4 exercises, I would drop the cables or add another exercise. If it were me with 4 exercises and I wanted mass I would be doing incline, decline and flat bench press or dumbell press and flat flys. With 20 working sets lifting 4-7 rep range.

What are your current numbers for flat, incline and decline bench press? Also are your lifts getting heavier or have you plateaued? I would be focusing on adding weight to these core lifts each week as well as keeping a nice deep controlled movement. If you can consistently add weight to the core movements your chest will grow.

Thanks for the reply but I'm not new to this sport Haha i know what motions of the body you use to train your chest 🙈

New enough to not have big floppy pecs. Then you know about compound and isolation. And stop bouncing the bar off your chest.

New enough to not have big floppy pecs. Then you know about compound and isolation. And stop bouncing the bar off your chest.

Hahaha k bud, I'll take the chest I have at 206 pounds and probably oh ya know.... 8% BF? Over big floppy pecs allllllll damn day. Enjoy your flys and presses thanks for stopp'n by, have a gooder. 🙌

When I worked out before my back problems, my chest lagged behind everything! The college I worked at had a great gym, and I started concentrating on each muscle, especially my chest.

I did the machine Flyes, and I started light, and never increased dramatically, but I did challenge the personal records. At the top of the exercise, I held the muscle for 1, 2, maybe even 3 seconds. I'm not kidding, that exercise alone shaped my pecs, as I had none before! After I got the shape, I could increase the weight, this really worked for me!

When I worked out before my back problems, my chest lagged behind everything! The college I worked at had a great gym, and I started concentrating on each muscle, especially my chest.

I did the machine Flyes, and I started light, and never increased dramatically, but I did challenge the personal records. At the top of the exercise, I held the muscle for 1, 2, maybe even 3 seconds. I'm not kidding, that exercise alone shaped my pecs, as I had none before! After I got the shape, I could increase the weight, this really worked for me!

Nice bro, yes I have started implementing longer more controlled contractions as of late. It's feeling good. Shall see if it improves!! Thanks for the input.

I also was shown by a posing coach that my chest isn't as bad as I let it be, and by changing
My posture and the way I let my shoulders sit I can actually show a more defined plates chest shape so I have been spending nights in the mirror working on posture as well as poses!

We all gonna make it!!!! Hans

Also, with my biceps mostly (see post on improving lower bicep head), and the flys for my chest, after I started "Watching" the muscle I was working, I improved so fast, cuz I had done the exercises for years.
As I worked the flyes (and probably a couple other things), and barbell curls for the biceps, I lifted the weight from the bottom of the ex. to the top, always with resistance, never let any part of the muscle flatten, so I watched my chest bulge and push up and out, as the entire muscle was worked. Everything improved when I did it that way, you watch the muscle work, and stop when the muscle is at its peak of weight resistance, and there's no slacking of that muscle, you rest after the set, otherwise have it challenged the entire reps.
The biceps were more dramatic as I watched it peak and lowered it, but always with that low head resistance, it was my best muscle by far, and my chest became second until I had to stop because of my disease.

Top Bottom