Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Keeping Baby Fit

two_lips

Hello all,
This is my first attempt at journaling, so let me know if i leave anything out! Im hoping this will be motivation for me to continue with my workouts and eating healthy....well most of the time.
I'm 28 weeks along today. This is my 2nd, I have a daughter who just turned 10 (big age gap, i know) I know she will be a big help with the little one comes. Anyway I gained 50lbs when I was pregnant the 1st time (I went from 120 to 170lbs) and it probably took me a good 2 yrs to take the weight off. This was also when I started working out for the first time.
My pre-prego weight was about 130.
I am now at about 144, I'm 5'3" and just turned 29.
My goal is for a healthy pregnancy, I want to continue working out till the day I pop.

Its been pouring here last couple days so I havent gotten any cardio in...I was jogging up until about a month ago I was getting bad stitch-like pains so now I walk for cardio.

Yesterday was leg day, today I will probably do chest, tri's and abs tonight after work.

meal 1:
2 scoops chocolate whey w/6 oz of skim milk
1/4 cup of oatmeal with sf syrup, was 1/2 cup but couldnt finish it which is a surprise cause I'm always hungry these days.
3 fish oil caps & vitamins

Had to go for glucose test this morning so about 2 cups of orange pop.

meal 2:
1 cup 1% cottage cheese & an apple

Water: 600 ml

meal 3:
1/2 safeway smokestacksub
(swiss, smoked ham, turkey, lettuce, mustard on multigrain)
600 ml water
1 SF choco jello pudding
cup of red tea

Last edited:
I am so happy that you have decided to log through your pregnancy! As long as your doc says it's OK -you can exercise through most of it.

there is a pregnant woman at my gym - she's 6 months along. She comes in every night and lifts weights and does light cardio. Nothing super heavy, but she sweats. I wish I would have done the same during my pregnancy.

Welcome! Please let me know if I can do anything to help.

Sally

Thanks for posting!! I know I will have many questions :)
My first pregnancy I didnt really do anything but eat...which explains the weight gain and I was depressed through most of it. This pregnancy has been great and I know that working out has made such an impact. I've been feeling great!

two_lips said:
Thanks for posting!! I know I will have many questions :)
My first pregnancy I didnt really do anything but eat...which explains the weight gain and I was depressed through most of it. This pregnancy has been great and I know that working out has made such an impact. I've been feeling great!

I did the same thing. I went from 130 - 180 the day I delivered. :D omg - I was a porker. lolol I'm 5'1".

the-short-one said:
I did the same thing. I went from 130 - 180 the day I delivered. :D omg - I was a porker. lolol I'm 5'1".

Yeah! I look forward to following your journal :)
I went from 129 to 175 w/my 1st. Was back down to 125 without a couple months. Baby 2 went from 125 to 175 again was back down w/in months then baby 3 went from 135 to 215!! Took me almost a year to get back to shape. You will be fine, im sure. Do you know what your having?
I have a 7 year gap between my oldest and youngest and they adore eachother! Only 18months between the second and third and they either love eachother or hate eachother never anything in between! Anywho...welcome again :rainbow:

Thanks for posting boston! We found out last ultrasound we are having another girl so my daughter is very excited.

Heres a pic from this morning (28 weeks)

two_lips said:
Thanks for posting boston! We found out last ultrasound we are having another girl so my daughter is very excited.

Heres a pic from this morning (28 weeks)

awww....nice pic! You look great. I bet you bounce right back into shape :rainbow:

Congrats on expecting another girl. I have three :twirl:

Yay, I'm now a member :arty:
So to continue from Friday...
I did chest & tri's:
Decline bench press x 3
hammer tricep kickbacks x 3
chest fly x 3
incline bench press x 3
tricep extension x 3
Seated resisted abdominal crunches x 3

Saturday we went for our 45 min walk I tracked it on my Nike +ipod which came to 4.6 km.
no weights on saturday and i wont post my food as it wasn't good.

Sunday went for 45 min walk (4.6km)
didnt eat much, felt like my morning sickness was back and was kind of up and down for most of the day.
had a good dinner though.
Watched the Canucks lose to Anaheim :(
Then did back and bi's

3 sets each
Crossover rear delt row
seated bicep curls
crossover reverse fly
narrow lat pulldowns
barbell bicep curl
bent rear delt row

Oh yeah, and forgot to mention I use a bowflex for weights. I cancelled my gym membership and bought the bowflex extreme 2. I figured since I will be home for the next year after the baby is born this would be (as Martha would say) a good thing.

Monday:
I think I will do legs later today.

meal 1:
3 fish oil caps
1 cup weight watchers cereal w/skim
1 scoop of chocolate whey w/8 oz water

meal2:
1 cup 2% cot. cheese
1/2 of a ff blueberry yoghurt
600 ml water
had to force this down, not hungry

meal3:
600 ml water with 1/3 package of crystal light singles
oatmeal choco chip cookie (oatmeal makes this healthy, right?)
bun with ham, lettuce, low fat cheese

another 1200ml water w/crystal light
will be leaving soon for prenatal checkup.

Last edited:
Top Bottom