Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Just saw the movie FRAILTY!

Jae

WHOA! That was fucked up. One plot swerve only to be swerved again.

OTIS didn't take no shit. He knew how to smack a bitch down.

I saw it last night and thought it was awful. I made my friend buy my dinner afterward for talking me into seeing it against my better judgment.

Depends on how you view it. I, for one, actually thought the father was really crazy. What a twist.

I thought the ending was totally predictable. From the moment the guy showed up at the FBI office it was clear what was up.

Really hated it -- a piss poor attempt at retro Southern Gothic. Gimme Slingblade any day.

Oh it was predictable that he was the killer. The throw off was that his father really did have a visions of who these "demons" were. Not going bonkers in the head, but actually people who needed to be put to death.

Jae said:
Oh it was predictable that he was the killer. The throw off was that his father really did have a visions of who these "demons" were. Not going bonkers in the head, but actually people who needed to be put to death.

I didn't find that surprising either. In the Southern Gothic tradition -- Flannery O'Connor's work, in particular, which obviously inspires the movie -- what looks evil is frequently an instrument of grace. The problem with the movie,unlike O'Connor's work, is that there is no redemption offered -- just a cheesy "surprise" at the end. In the absence of redemption, it just becomes a parody.

Oh stop analyzing it so much. It is just a movie. No wonder you were not enjoying it. You were upholding it to how YOU would have directed it seems. And for people who have not read any of that work by O'Conners, it was quite a good movie. My son enjoyed it as well.

Jae said:
Oh stop analyzing it so much. It is just a movie. No wonder you were not enjoying it. You were upholding it to how YOU would have directed it seems. And for people who have not read any of that work by O'Conners, it was quite a good movie. My son enjoyed it as well.

:rolleyes:

Top Bottom