Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Just did less reps the last workout....

BabyJayPenn

Chest/back
4 sets bb flat – work up to max 3-5 reps
3 sets decline db
3 sets flat db flies

4 sets rack pulls
4 sets chest supported rows
3 sets lat pulldowns

Shoulder/Bi/Tri

4 sets db military press
3 sets lateral rasies
3 sets of front rasies
3 sets of shrugs
4 sets of db skull crushers
3 sets of pulldown
4 sets of standing bb curls
3 sets of db hammer curls

Chest/calfs/forearms
3 sets Db flat
3 sets db incline
3 sets flat db flies
4 sets calf raises
3 sets of timed wrist rollers.

This is my new routine I just made before this I did westside for a week or so and I was not a fan.

So the story goes like this, I did the first chest workout last thursday and went to the gym today (didnt go since) and did the second chest workout, I completely did less reps I use to do, did like 8 reps for all sets when I eaisly did 12 reps and I was thinking of moving up in weight.

Guess not, this is really de-motivating. it really stressed me out, what happened EF? Why did I not do as many reps? is it just a fluke? or is something wrong with my workout. Maybe overtraining my chest?

Stats
150 pounds
5'9

please give me some advice because this really bothered me today. thanks

yeah sorry might be a little confusing but I basically couldnt do as many reps as I did my last chest workout. Today i only pulled off like 3 sets of 8 reps
usually il EAISLY do 12 reps. Im just confused why I didnt have a good chest day? and why basically i got weaker.

i do alot of sports usually my legs are done during the week, and il occasionally do a dynamic leg workout at home or at the gym if I go an extra day. But can you please answer my question.

EDIT: lower back = rackpulls

Your training program sucks ass.

You're doing sort of a traditional bodybuilder routine.

If you are an athlete you would be far better served using a program like Starting Strength or 5x5.

You can find these programs at the top of the forum page in the training vault sticky. Check them out.

Your training program sucks ass.

You're doing sort of a traditional bodybuilder routine.

If you are an athlete you would be far better served using a program like Starting Strength or 5x5.

You can find these programs at the top of the forum page in the training vault sticky. Check them out.

yes i know about starting strength or 5x5

like i said i did westside for skinny bastards and i just was not liking it. Me working out isnt as much to help me in my sports but more to just have a nice summer body, would the bodybuilding workout be appropriate for that?

people need to understand that if they just keep it basic and do every movement with superior form, eat clean, results will kick ass

squat, bench, deadlift, rows, pulls/chins, dips, glutehams, mobility work, sprints, sleds, ropes,

Top Bottom