Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Jury Duty

L

lartinos

I keep getting these fuggin' things for jury duty in the mail.
I've always just ignored them. What happens if I continue to. What excuses have you guys used to get out of it.

I always ignore them. 99% nothing legally happens (i can't pull up one case of a person jailed for ignoring jury duty). If they mail a letter - say you weren't living there, not getting the mail. Too easy.

Most people with real jobs with important tasks that companies depend on don't go for jury dutys. Unless they like $10/day salaries. So guess what caliber of people u see on juries :) (hint: u won't see lawyers, doctors, business owners, professors, rich athletes, rocket scientists, senior engineers).

r

aight thanks, I'll continue to ignore them. Can you bail me out if they lock me up?

I always ignore them. 99% nothing legally happens (i can't pull up one case of a person jailed for ignoring jury duty). If they mail a letter - say you weren't living there, not getting the mail. Too easy.

Most people with real jobs with important tasks that companies depend on don't go for jury dutys. Unless they like $10/day salaries. So guess what caliber of people u see on juries :) (hint: u won't see lawyers, doctors, business owners, professors, rich athletes, rocket scientists, senior engineers).

r

You do get retired people that serve too - if you are retired they will pick you

You do get retired people that serve too - if you are retired they will pick you

Sometimes but most lawyers don't cuz of that whole 'jury of your peers' crap -- when u got a 22 y/o facing robbery charges, and prospective jury members in their 60's who still have that old world way of thinking :)

Most people in the criminal justice system are from low income areas. Most jurors are from low income areas. So yeah, it matches itself out :)

r

I just got out of it 2 weeks ago.I was laid off of work for 3 months and told them they called me back to work.They cancelled me.

I should have ignored mine. I have it this up coming wednesday.. I am hoping that they need me, if not I intend on telling them that everyone in this country is not guilty, I am racist, and that I have to pick my daughter up from school as I am her only transportation. One of those reasons surely should excuse me.

I keep getting these fuggin' things for jury duty in the mail.
I've always just ignored them. What happens if I continue to. What excuses have you guys used to get out of it.

That depends on the laws of where you live. In NY we have 2 postponements within a 6 month period; after that, there's no excuse, regardless of what you do. i.e., Dr's, attorney's, salesman, celebrity, etc, or they will get you. That said, most of us make it there for one day or two. We figure out ways to get dismissed..

That depends on the laws of where you live. In NY we have 2 postponements within a 6 month period; after that, there's no excuse, regardless of what you do. i.e., Dr's, attorney's, salesman, celebrity, etc, or they will get you. That said, most of us make it there for one day or two. We figure out ways to get dismissed..

yup, I'm in NY

Top Bottom