Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ivanko EZ-Grips

mekannik

Picked up a pair of these the other week after seeing them reviewed over on T-mag. Now if Charles Poliquin likes them - I have to give them a shot.

Basically what they are is a pair of heavy duty plastic grips. They are hinged, with 3 different clip settings (set by the bar thickness you put them on and squeeze them shut to).

So what happens is you go from lifting a regular width EZ curl bar/#45 straight bar/dumb bell to lifting a 2"+ thick handle bar. And trust me it works.

After an arm workout - my forearms are fatigued and pumped like mad. Poundages dropped off initially - but are creeping back up to where they were prior. The biggest notice was my drop in one are D.B. rows. Had to drop from the #160's to #100's - and those were still tough. Hammer curls are also another big drop off - due to the strain put on my wrists - but I can't deny the improvement.

Anyone else ever try these out? -OR- Any thoughts on using such a "gimmick"?

I was looking at something similiar. These thick clamp on grips, like you mentioned. I have not tried them yet, but it seems like an interesting way to get some extra stimulation during curling movements.

I have some bad wrist issues though, so Im thinking that it will be problematic for me. I will try them at some point though.

KILL THAT SHIT

Top Bottom