Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

It's me again!!!

figurechamp

I've been off the board for quite some time. Think I need to get back on it.

Since I was last here, I've continued training-- currently in my off season. I'll do another show in spring. I've been trying to continue to eat clean, but since I'm trying to put on some size, I sometimes eat dirty. :) lol

Have no idea what my current weight is. Haven't been in a scale since June. Won't go on a scale. But my size 8 pants still fit so I know I'm still somewhat close to my post contest weight, albeit slightly fluffier. Haha!!!

But my issue is this now.... Everything hurts. Especially my shoulders. I don't think I've done any significant damage but they're always tight, hard to rotate, and regular shoulder DB presses are out. And that sucks coz I was up to pressing the 60s for 8-10. The rest of my body hurts too. No major injuries, just tired and sore.

So this week, I'm considering doing the unthinkable: I'm going to take the week off from lifting. And I'm scared shitless. And after watching the Olympia, taking time off is the last thing I wanna do-- watching it made me wanna work out!!!!

Can somebody please tell me why taking time off is the right thing to do? Or maybe it's not!!!! And someone can give me permission to train this week!!! Hahaha! What dya think?

Do you do any prehab work? The one thing Ive learned is as long as you train hard your always going to be beat up and sore. To help lesson the wesr and tear I do alot of foam rolling, stretching, and icing if needed. I also get a tennis ball and work problem areas. And once in a while, I do a deload where I use light weight for the entire week. I just take it easy in training for the week. This allows me to heal but I still get some blood flowing. I also reccommend seeing a chiro every now and then.

NTBM REP

I forgot to mention that I never advocate taking a week off unless your really injured. Instead I do the deload as I mentioned above.

NTBM REP

I've been off the board for quite some time. Think I need to get back on it.

Since I was last here, I've continued training-- currently in my off season. I'll do another show in spring. I've been trying to continue to eat clean, but since I'm trying to put on some size, I sometimes eat dirty. :) lol

Have no idea what my current weight is. Haven't been in a scale since June. Won't go on a scale. But my size 8 pants still fit so I know I'm still somewhat close to my post contest weight, albeit slightly fluffier. Haha!!!

But my issue is this now.... Everything hurts. Especially my shoulders. I don't think I've done any significant damage but they're always tight, hard to rotate, and regular shoulder DB presses are out. And that sucks coz I was up to pressing the 60s for 8-10. The rest of my body hurts too. No major injuries, just tired and sore.

So this week, I'm considering doing the unthinkable: I'm going to take the week off from lifting. And I'm scared shitless. And after watching the Olympia, taking time off is the last thing I wanna do-- watching it made me wanna work out!!!!

Can somebody please tell me why taking time off is the right thing to do? Or maybe it's not!!!! And someone can give me permission to train this week!!! Hahaha! What dya think?

Take the week off and load up on some extra clean calories, no need to worry my friend I am the same way about weeks off but you really do need to take on every now and then to allow your nervous system and muscles to recover, if your still having problems after your week off give tb500 a go supposed to work miracles, go ahead and read up on it over your week off

Welcome back hun :)

If you haven't taken anytime off since your contest than a week off is a great idea for sure.

Also stretching etc. older I get the more time I spend stretching so I am not all stiff or in pain.

Yep suga gr8 to see you back on here. Take the week off and swim! Your bod will love you for it. Trust me!:evil:

Holy shit!!!! It worked! I'm a believer!!!! Lol two days back into it, doing a 5x5 workout per major body part and am having great success!!!! Shoulder is a little better but still is a bit "iffy". Overall, I'm really pleased. Tomorrow is leg day. Super stoked for that!!!! Whoo-hooooooo!!!!!!!

Top Bottom