Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

is tostitos spinach dip healthy?

petersONs

I love that dipping and I have it almost everyday with bread, toast, crackers etc...I just want to find out if it's healthy at all or it's just another product full of preservatives and fat. I'm trying to change my eating habits so the healthier I eat the better.

One read of the ingredients list should give you a pretty clear answer:

Ingredients:[FONT=myriad-pro, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] Water, Spinach, Sunflower Oil And/Or Canola Oil, Red Bell Peppers, Water Chestnuts, Whey Protein Concentrate, And Less Than 2% of The Following: Onions, Modified Tapioca Starch, Salt, Sugar, Natural Flavor (Including Soy), Lactic Acid, Vinegar, Garlic Powder, Datem, Yeast Extract, Sodium Polyphosphate, Monosodium Glutamate, Potassiuim Sorbate, Xanthan Gum, And Citric Acid. Contains Milk And Soy Ingredients.[/FONT]

[FONT=myriad-pro, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Not just that, 2 tablespoons has 52 calories and 4 grams of fat. Most people put 2 tablespoons on a single chip!

If you like spinach dip, you can really easily make your own by mixing thawed frozen spinach into fat free sour cream or greek yogurt. It'll taste the exact same as the Tostitos dip but be much lower in fat and calories and it'll have a 2 ingredient list. Sourcream/greek yogurt and spinach.
[/FONT]

These processed foods can never be good for dieting, since they will always need to add in a lot of stuff to make it tastier and long lasting. If you like a product concept, try replicating it at home, and you will get a much healthier alternative where you will be aware of all the ingredients in it. @muskate has given you a pretty good idea of how you could replicate this product at home.

Its definitely not a good addition to your diet, I can tell you that.

You can use it as a cheatmeal once in a while, but not on daily basis if you want to eat clean.

Top Bottom