Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

Is this cheating?

Cheating yes or no?

  • Yes

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • No

    Votes: 9 90.0%

  • Total voters
    10

Scotsman

New member
So my bro is taking Geology at college. His prof gives them all take home tests and assignments. Is it cheating for me to help him out given that I am a professional Geologist?

Cheers,
Scotsman
 
Giving him the answers or doing it for him = cheating.

Helping him learn and open his mind to the possibilities = not cheating.

HTH



:cow:
 
I'd say help him with the assignments, let him take the test by himself. Help him to study so that he fully understands before testing.
 
Answer the poll, I want yes or no data here.

I'm asking if you think it's cheating for him to seek help from someone who knows the answers.

Cheers,
Scotsman
 
NO! hook him up and I will break out that wormy, no nothing, fucking, rock-hound, sob bastard on my rig Scots.

Good times.

P.S. Fuck you and silt and the wasatch in north parachute. I know you did this to us.
 
Scotsman said:
So my bro is taking Geology at college. His prof gives them all take home tests and assignments. Is it cheating for me to help him out given that I am a professional Geologist?

Cheers,
Scotsman


yes, but fuck fair play
 
mountain muscle said:
NO! hook him up and I will break out that wormy, no nothing, fucking, rock-hound, sob bastard on my rig Scots.

Good times.

P.S. Fuck you and silt and the wasatch in north parachute. I know you did this to us.

LOL, he only took the class because he knew I could help him score an A to keep his scholarship. He's an artist so don't think he'll be swinging stands anytime soon.

So I am the God of Silt? Strangely I'm ok with that.

Can I blame you for the super hard vertically fractured shale that's fucking us right now? Took us 8 days to make 1250' and 6hrs to core 8' with 3' recovered.

In case I haven't mentioned this alread, I HATE TEXAS!!!!!

Cheers,
Scotsman
 
Scotsman said:
LOL, he only took the class because he knew I could help him score an A to keep his scholarship. He's an artist so don't think he'll be swinging stands anytime soon.

There is no credited respose to the answer you posed given your wording, which would make me think you have a secondary agenda here.

Is it cheating if I go to my prof's office hours to get help with a HW set?

By all means, help him get an A! But do not simply give him the answers... take the time to tutor him, help him understand: help him earn his A. That is not cheating. It is teaching.



:cow:
 
Scotsman said:
LOL, he only took the class because he knew I could help him score an A to keep his scholarship. He's an artist so don't think he'll be swinging stands anytime soon.

So I am the God of Silt? Strangely I'm ok with that.

Can I blame you for the super hard vertically fractured shale that's fucking us right now? Took us 8 days to make 1250' and 6hrs to core 8' with 3' recovered.

In case I haven't mentioned this alread, I HATE TEXAS!!!!!


Hey damnit, I take no responsibility for the texas hands, they know everything. Just ask them. Fractured shale? sounds like more rock cock bullshit? If not run some long string polymer, like ez-mud or poly plus to encapsulate the shale, along with some pac-r for water loss. Slow pumps down to reduce dynamic sheering, and eliminate LCM.

P.S. Take your hard hat to the safety eeting with an extra pair of boots. Set the boots on the floor and put the hard hat on top of them.
Ask the hands what that is...
While they are burning brain cells, answer with... A texan with the shit kicked out of him. :P
On a good note, we have gotten 12 joints out of the hole since we last chatted and are too far from td to shoot off now. Can you spell boring?
Cheers,
Scotsman

Hey damnit, I take no responsibility for the texas hands, they know everything. Just ask them. Fractured shale? sounds like more rock cock bullshit? If not run some long string polymer, like ez-mud or poly plus to encapsulate the shale, along with some pac-r for water loss. Slow pumps down to reduce dynamic sheering, and eliminate LCM.

P.S. Take your hard hat to the safety eeting with an extra pair of boots. Set the boots on the floor and put the hard hat on top of them.
Ask the hands what that is...
While they are burning brain cells, answer with... A texan with the shit kicked out of him. :P
On a good note, we have gotten 12 joints out of the hole since we last chatted and are too far from td to shoot off now. Can you spell boring?
 
samoth said:
There is no credited respose to the answer you posed given your wording, which would make me think you have a secondary agenda here.

Is it cheating if I go to my prof's office hours to get help with a HW set?

By all means, help him get an A! But do not simply give him the answers... take the time to tutor him, help him understand: help him earn his A. That is not cheating. It is teaching.



:cow:


As per usual you are very astute, there is a secondary agenda to this question that I will reveal later when more people have voted.

Cheers,
Scotsman
 
Scotsman said:
As per usual you are very astute, there is a secondary agenda to this question that I will reveal later when more people have voted.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Ahh. Then I will answer the poll based solely upon the information given in the original post. I'll have to think about it for a second...


:cow:
 
samoth said:
There is no credited respose to the answer you posed given your wording, which would make me think you have a secondary agenda here.

Is it cheating if I go to my prof's office hours to get help with a HW set?

By all means, help him get an A! But do not simply give him the answers... take the time to tutor him, help him understand: help him earn his A. That is not cheating. It is teaching.



:cow:


Sammy, just tell Scots to send him to me for a hitch or two and I promise he will ace every test left.
 
mountain muscle said:
Hey damnit, I take no responsibility for the texas hands, they know everything. Just ask them. Fractured shale? sounds like more rock cock bullshit? If not run some long string polymer, like ez-mud or poly plus to encapsulate the shale, along with some pac-r for water loss. Slow pumps down to reduce dynamic sheering, and eliminate LCM.

P.S. Take your hard hat to the safety eeting with an extra pair of boots. Set the boots on the floor and put the hard hat on top of them.
Ask the hands what that is...
While they are burning brain cells, answer with... A texan with the shit kicked out of him. :P
On a good note, we have gotten 12 joints out of the hole since we last chatted and are too far from td to shoot off now. Can you spell boring?


The shale bed has a big vert frac that we of course managed to core straight down on so the rock is cleaving and breaking which jams the inner barrel. Pum rate was 250 psi, 300gpm, mixed polymer mud with light caustic and gel, we're not losing any water. And we have a 600' deviation (dogleg) in the hole so we have little control over bit weight. That's a funny one man, but these hands are actually pretty cool, just the company dicks won't let the corehand run things.

And I spell boring C-O-N-V-E-N-T-I-O-N-A-L_C-O-R-I-N-G.
 
mountain muscle said:
I agree with the Buddhist line of thinking mostly, but somtimes people just need to get a mud-hole stomped in their asses.


It's just that I used to have a good friend who called himself that several years ago. So I was curious how you came up with it.

Cheers,
Scotsman
 
Scotsman said:
It's just that I used to have a good friend who called himself that several years ago. So I was curious how you came up with it.

Cheers,
Scotsman

I have a few reasons. What was her reason and is she hot?
 
mountain muscle said:
I have a few reasons. What was her reason and is she hot?


Well apparently you don't read any better than you drill silt. If you would notice the word himself in my post you'd answer the hot question. And his reasoning was much the same to yours although as someone who had been a practicing buddhist for about 15yrs he went into great detail about it.

Cheers,
Scotsman
 
No its not cheating. The idea behind it is that you take the time to find the answer that hopefully you retain that information. One of my classes in high school you were allowed to fill a 3x5 card with notes. Well come time for the test i wouldnt even have to look at the cards because i had retained most of what i had written down.
 
Scotsman said:
Well apparently you don't read any better than you drill silt. If you would notice the word himself in my post you'd answer the hot question. And his reasoning was much the same to yours although as someone who had been a practicing buddhist for about 15yrs he went into great detail about it.

Cheers,
Scotsman

HEhehe, missed the conventional coring post, but you know drillers don't pay attention to geo's who are almost always wrong. :) Maybe I just have a female on my brain now.
 
mountain muscle said:
HEhehe, missed the conventional coring post, but you know drillers don't pay attention to geo's who are almost always wrong. :) Maybe I just have a female on my brain now.


Give me wireline any day of the week and twice on sundays. Besides I ain't the wellsite geo so I give no input unless the pin me down about something.

Too bad you don't have female on your down-hole tool. ;)

Cheers,
Scotsman
 
Scotsman said:
Give me wireline any day of the week and twice on sundays. Besides I ain't the wellsite geo so I give no input unless the pin me down about something.

Too bad you don't have female on your down-hole tool. ;)

Cheers,
Scotsman

Go back to your shack. BTW, still want me to send the worm to you every hour?>
 
mountain muscle said:
Go back to your shack. BTW, still want me to send the worm to you every hour?>


No send him to the fucking mudlogger, those mongoloids need company.

Cheers,
Scotsman
 
no, if he can seek some hands on knowleged from someone in the field then he's one lucky sob. Don't do it for him but inform him. tell him what you know... big difference from just taking the paper and doing it for him. Hands on is the best learning there is. Fuck sitting hours in some class reading a book or taking tests. I'm all about getting out there, in the field and experiencing it one on one. Talking to people that have walked a mile in those shoes, seen the ups and the downs that the field has to offer.

Don't get me wrong, going to college to pursue a field is great... but nothing like getting into the real world and actually experiencing it for yourself.
 
Alright ten people have voted and I don't see too many more doing so, so here's my answer.

No it is not cheating, simple because his prof told the class they could seek answers anywhere they wanted to including other professors.

Also as I am currently 500miles from home it's not like I can look over what he's doing, but I did spend an hour on the phone with him earlier helping him out. He answers the ones he can then I check his work and help him with the rest.

Thanks for playing, I just wanted to see how people would interpret this situation.

Cheers,
Scotsman
 
Depends on what your definition of help is! You cannot answer this straight Y/N
based on the info provided.
 
Scotsman said:
Alright ten people have voted and I don't see too many more doing so, so here's my answer.

No it is not cheating, simple because his prof told the class they could seek answers anywhere they wanted to including other professors.

Also as I am currently 500miles from home it's not like I can look over what he's doing, but I did spend an hour on the phone with him earlier helping him out. He answers the ones he can then I check his work and help him with the rest.

Thanks for playing, I just wanted to see how people would interpret this situation.

Cheers,
Scotsman

I bet they get stuck in the hole before surface is set though.

Damn geos.
 
mountain muscle said:
I bet they get stuck in the hole before surface is set though.

Damn geos.

I was talking with some guys a couple of rigs ago who had to go fishing in the mouse hole one time for a dropped collar.LOL

Cheers,
Scotsman
 
Scotsman said:
I was talking with some guys a couple of rigs ago who had to go fishing in the mouse hole one time for a dropped collar.LOL

Cheers,
Scotsman

PLease tell me it was a 90 ft mousehole.

P.S. It is called a dog collar, wedding band, hydraulic-go-fuck -yourself for making fun of my spelling while drunk collar too.
 
mountain muscle said:
PLease tell me it was a 90 ft mousehole.

P.S. It is called a dog collar, wedding band, hydraulic-go-fuck -yourself for making fun of my spelling while drunk collar too.


Nope standard mouse hole, just had soft sand in the bottom. They dropped a single collar down there and it sunk below floor level and they couldn't screw into it so the had to spear it. Glad I wasn't on that job.

And look you've learned hydraulic in one humiliation, you're ahead of the curve.

Cheers,
Scotsman
 
mountain muscle said:
Damn I can be a rock hound now.


I gaurantee that you know way more than the idiots down here. Fucking dolts can't tell the difference between shale and dolomite.

Cheers,
Scotsman
 
Scotsman said:
I gaurantee that you know way more than the idiots down here. Fucking dolts can't tell the difference between shale and dolomite.

Cheers,
Scotsman


Letting you slide, consider it a texas grace period.
 
Top Bottom