Agreed.samoth said:Giving him the answers or doing it for him = cheating.
Helping him learn and open his mind to the possibilities = not cheating.
HTH
![]()
Scotsman said:So my bro is taking Geology at college. His prof gives them all take home tests and assignments. Is it cheating for me to help him out given that I am a professional Geologist?
Cheers,
Scotsman
mountain muscle said:NO! hook him up and I will break out that wormy, no nothing, fucking, rock-hound, sob bastard on my rig Scots.
Good times.
P.S. Fuck you and silt and the wasatch in north parachute. I know you did this to us.
Scotsman said:LOL, he only took the class because he knew I could help him score an A to keep his scholarship. He's an artist so don't think he'll be swinging stands anytime soon.

Scotsman said:LOL, he only took the class because he knew I could help him score an A to keep his scholarship. He's an artist so don't think he'll be swinging stands anytime soon.
So I am the God of Silt? Strangely I'm ok with that.
Can I blame you for the super hard vertically fractured shale that's fucking us right now? Took us 8 days to make 1250' and 6hrs to core 8' with 3' recovered.
In case I haven't mentioned this alread, I HATE TEXAS!!!!!
Hey damnit, I take no responsibility for the texas hands, they know everything. Just ask them. Fractured shale? sounds like more rock cock bullshit? If not run some long string polymer, like ez-mud or poly plus to encapsulate the shale, along with some pac-r for water loss. Slow pumps down to reduce dynamic sheering, and eliminate LCM.
P.S. Take your hard hat to the safety eeting with an extra pair of boots. Set the boots on the floor and put the hard hat on top of them.
Ask the hands what that is...
While they are burning brain cells, answer with... A texan with the shit kicked out of him.
On a good note, we have gotten 12 joints out of the hole since we last chatted and are too far from td to shoot off now. Can you spell boring?
Cheers,
Scotsman
samoth said:There is no credited respose to the answer you posed given your wording, which would make me think you have a secondary agenda here.
Is it cheating if I go to my prof's office hours to get help with a HW set?
By all means, help him get an A! But do not simply give him the answers... take the time to tutor him, help him understand: help him earn his A. That is not cheating. It is teaching.
![]()
Scotsman said:As per usual you are very astute, there is a secondary agenda to this question that I will reveal later when more people have voted.
Cheers,
Scotsman

samoth said:There is no credited respose to the answer you posed given your wording, which would make me think you have a secondary agenda here.
Is it cheating if I go to my prof's office hours to get help with a HW set?
By all means, help him get an A! But do not simply give him the answers... take the time to tutor him, help him understand: help him earn his A. That is not cheating. It is teaching.
![]()
mountain muscle said:Hey damnit, I take no responsibility for the texas hands, they know everything. Just ask them. Fractured shale? sounds like more rock cock bullshit? If not run some long string polymer, like ez-mud or poly plus to encapsulate the shale, along with some pac-r for water loss. Slow pumps down to reduce dynamic sheering, and eliminate LCM.
P.S. Take your hard hat to the safety eeting with an extra pair of boots. Set the boots on the floor and put the hard hat on top of them.
Ask the hands what that is...
While they are burning brain cells, answer with... A texan with the shit kicked out of him.
On a good note, we have gotten 12 joints out of the hole since we last chatted and are too far from td to shoot off now. Can you spell boring?
mountain muscle said:Sammy, just tell Scots to send him to me for a hitch or two and I promise he will ace every test left.

samoth said:Sorry, "hitch"?
![]()
mountain muscle said:Sorry it means Tour, or work week basically.
BTW it is pronounced tower. Don't ask me.
Scotsman said:Hey MM where did you get the "Militant Buddhist" from?
Cheers,
Scotsman
mountain muscle said:I agree with the Buddhist line of thinking mostly, but somtimes people just need to get a mud-hole stomped in their asses.
Scotsman said:It's just that I used to have a good friend who called himself that several years ago. So I was curious how you came up with it.
Cheers,
Scotsman
mountain muscle said:I have a few reasons. What was her reason and is she hot?
scout69 said:Your his boy, Does it really matter
Scotsman said:Well apparently you don't read any better than you drill silt. If you would notice the word himself in my post you'd answer the hot question. And his reasoning was much the same to yours although as someone who had been a practicing buddhist for about 15yrs he went into great detail about it.
Cheers,
Scotsman
mountain muscle said:HEhehe, missed the conventional coring post, but you know drillers don't pay attention to geo's who are almost always wrong.Maybe I just have a female on my brain now.
Scotsman said:Give me wireline any day of the week and twice on sundays. Besides I ain't the wellsite geo so I give no input unless the pin me down about something.
Too bad you don't have female on your down-hole tool.![]()
Cheers,
Scotsman
mountain muscle said:Go back to your shack. BTW, still want me to send the worm to you every hour?>
Scotsman said:Alright ten people have voted and I don't see too many more doing so, so here's my answer.
No it is not cheating, simple because his prof told the class they could seek answers anywhere they wanted to including other professors.
Also as I am currently 500miles from home it's not like I can look over what he's doing, but I did spend an hour on the phone with him earlier helping him out. He answers the ones he can then I check his work and help him with the rest.
Thanks for playing, I just wanted to see how people would interpret this situation.
Cheers,
Scotsman
mountain muscle said:I bet they get stuck in the hole before surface is set though.
Damn geos.
Scotsman said:I was talking with some guys a couple of rigs ago who had to go fishing in the mouse hole one time for a dropped collar.LOL
Cheers,
Scotsman
mountain muscle said:PLease tell me it was a 90 ft mousehole.
P.S. It is called a dog collar, wedding band, hydraulic-go-fuck -yourself for making fun of my spelling while drunk collar too.
Scotsman said:And look you've learned hydraulic in one humiliation, you're ahead of the curve.
Cheers,
Scotsman
mountain muscle said:Damn I can be a rock hound now.
Scotsman said:I gaurantee that you know way more than the idiots down here. Fucking dolts can't tell the difference between shale and dolomite.
Cheers,
Scotsman
mountain muscle said:Letting you slide, consider it a texas grace period.
This page contains mature content. By continuing, you confirm you are over 18 and agree to our TOS and User Agreement.
Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below 














