Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

is the average guy

Island Son

Inspired by 110%. Read his post at
http://boards.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=103755

This comes from Testosterone Magazine, article by Chris Shugart
=========================
The Average Guy...

Believes what the media tells him about ephedra.

Believes that the plastic ab do-hickey on TV will really get rid of his love handles.

Will never look better than he did in high school.

Needs to trade in that Honda Civic, Toyota Camry, or Nissan Altima.

Thinks that being married means he doesn't have to stay in shape anymore.

Looks for someone to blame rather than trying to fix the problem.

Thinks pro-bodybuilders just work out harder than other people in the gym. He also has a sneaking suspicion those guys might be using that crea-tene stuff and he worries about the health problems caused from this "legal steroid."

Feels guilty about eye-balling nubile 19-year-old hotties and any other natural sexual urge.

Has no clue those "six-page special reports" in muscle mags are paid advertisements.

Is 10 to 30 pounds overweight. And usually doesn't care.

Thinks "doctor approved" really means something these days.

Thinks "all natural" really means a product is safe and effective.

Doesn't drink enough water.

Guzzles Gatorade or one of those Twinlab Somethin-or-another Fuels while sitting in his cubicle at work burning eight calories an hour typing.

Thinks steroids will shrink his weenie and make him impotent, if they don't cause him to keel over dead immediately.

Thinks education ends when he gets his diploma.

Buys muscle magazines strictly for the purdy pictures.

Would be shocked to find out that most Olympic athletes (at least the ones who win) are juiced to the eyeballs. Would become indignant if you told him Americans were just as geared up as all those "bad" countries.

Is too busy to keep a food log or train regularly. However, he seems to have plenty of time to watch Survivor, Maury, and reruns of Three's Company.

Does not realize that stability and stagnation are often the same thing.

Thinks if the label says "low fat," he can eat all he wants.

Thinks Diet Coke neutralizes all the saturated fat in double-bacon cheeseburgers.

Would never even consider following his wife or girlfriend into a dressing room at The Gap and banging the snot out of her.

Would watch a terrorist or any other wacko harm innocent people while sitting there thinking self-righteously, "Gee, someone ought to do something about this."

Needs to read The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged, the latter of which often comes in second to the Bible in those "most influential book" surveys.

Only knows one Mr. Olympia winner by name — Arnold Schwarzenegger. (Okay, maybe the average guy got this one right.)

Needs to get into a really good fight at least once in his life.

Believes that weight training will make him "too big" and doesn't realize this belief is a form of rationalization mixed with procrastination.

Never really knows himself until he becomes a father.

Curls in the squat rack.

Never squats in the squat rack.

Needs to accept the fact that seeing what is right and not doing it is an act of cowardice.

Wonders why he isn't built like Arnold yet 'cause he's been working out for, like, three whole months now on his Bowflex.

Is too quick to criticize others for things he can't do himself.

Needs to suck it up and get over his divorced parents, neglectful father, overbearing mother and whatever other crap he went through as a kid.

Waits around for luck when he should be creating opportunity.

Has never flicked a belly button ring attached to a fitness model's taut tummy with his tongue as she strokes his hair and moans "Ohmygod, ohmygod, ohmygod…." (Okay, me neither, but I'm going to dammit!)

Complains too much and acts too little.

Is scared to use MAG-10.

Worries too much about fitting in.

Worries too much about what other people think about him.

Worries too little about heart disease.

Needs to lighten up about where other guys choose to put their dicks.

Doesn't vote.

Doesn't deadlift.

Needs to put much more thought into what kind of tattoo he gets.

Needs to rethink that pastel shirt.

Wears a lifting belt in the gym. While doing tricep kickbacks.

Needs to work hard for a while, then play hard for a while, then work hard some more. To spend too much time at either end of the spectrum will lead to failure.

Needs to eat more protein.

Needs to accept the fact that a five pound tub of protein that costs $18 is some nasty tasting, filler filled, poor quality shit.

Should not even think about becoming a vegetarian.

Has no clue what that "YMCA" song is really about.

Should go to bed sooner and get up earlier.

Needs to stop picking his nose at stoplights.

Needs to understand that skinny and fat are on the same end of the Butt Ugly Scale.

Needs to get over how Brad Pitt was built in Fight Club.

Needs to read the book Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk.

Needs to own at least one leather jacket.

Would never wear a Testosterone T-shirt in public.

Needs to accept the fact that Gwyneth Paltrow is one ugly woman. (They even had to digitally enhance her flat ass for the Shallow Hal movie poster.)

Needs to drop the macho attitude and learn the fine art of cunnilingus. You can eat all you want and not get fat.

Is really impressed by those before and after pictures used in supplement ads.

Is so afraid of failure he won't take the risks necessary to be successful.

Doesn't get this whole Testosterone thing. And that's good.

http://www.t-mag.com/articles/191tc2.html
===========================

Lol, that's great! I know I fit a couple of those, and I could find people I know to fit pretty much every other one.

I know a bunch of people like that. The are so plugged into society, they are scared to even jaywalk an empty street or try ANYTHING remotely new.
Good post.

yeah it IS a long post... but i couldn't cut anything out, it was all too good. Thanks for staying awake through it.

reading fitness mags, weight training and hanging out here with you sorry-ass obsessesive lifters actually has me enjoying life more. Not in an obnoxious screw-your-feelings kinda way, more of a confident nothing-you-could-say-can-hurt-me-cause-i-feel-damn-good kinda way

Top Bottom