Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is my 700 Calorie shake healthy or not??

mailman13877

High im about to make my own shake to gain weight.Im 6ft 163 and wanna get to about 172-175.I also bought 300lbs of weights to lift last summer and saw minimum improvements only cause i weigh so little i was told.I eat 3x a day :
Breakfast (about 600 - 800 Calories)
4 Slice of whole wheat bread with a serving or I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Light on each slice
16oz glass of kool aid or Tang.

Lunch & Dinner (1300 - 1500 Calories)
Home cooked food usually some type of white rice or vegateble rice and chicken without the skin

Im about to start back my weight lifting and wanna add an extra 1400 Calories per day so i came up with a homemade recipe for a shake that's 698.7 Cals or it can be taken separately and not as a shake.I would like to get everyone's opinion on the Nutrition Facts being good or bad before i try it. Thanks.

1 Serving
Amount Per Serving

Calories 698.7
Total Fat 19.2 g
Saturated Fat 4.1 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2.3 g
Monounsaturated Fat 2.3 g
Cholesterol 4.9 mg
Sodium 383.8 mg
Potassium 953.7 mg
Total Carbohydrate 112.0 g
Dietary Fiber 12.9 g
Sugars 23.1 g
Protein 27.8 g
Vitamin A 12.1 %
Vitamin B-12 15.5 %
Vitamin B-6 46.4 %
Vitamin C 67.4 %
Vitamin D 25.0 %
Vitamin E 2.5 %
Calcium 31.9 %
Copper 19.5 %
Folate 16.8 %
Iron 27.5 %
Magnesium 32.1 %
Manganese 16.2 %
Niacin 29.8 %
Pantothenic Acid 12.8 %
Phosphorus 27.9 %
Riboflavin 33.1 %
Selenium 9.7 %
Thiamin 30.0 %
Zinc 14.2 %

It should work for gaining purposes, seems to have a low amount of protein for 700 cals imo.

It should work for gaining purposes, seems to have a low amount of protein for 700 cals imo.

Thanks.About how much more Proteins should my shake have?And if it's not that much more can i make up the diff by simply adding egg whites?Also I've seen the egg whites stories around and was wondering if people are referring to raw egg whites or they have the same results when fried with non fat product? Btw here is the recipe (the oatmeal,water and milk would be cooked as one and then i would blend in the rest). Feel free to add in your improvements but im trying to do it without adding any nutritional powders (saves me $$). I used 2 6lb Cytogainers ($82 and lasted 18 days) and gained 10lbs but once i stoped i started losing the lbs cause i had nothing to replace it so this is why im trying to find the cheapest,healthiest working gainer ASAP.

* Old Fashioned Quaker Oatmeal- Plain (1/2 cup dry), 2 serving
* Banana, fresh, 1 medium (7" to 7-7/8" long)
* Milk, nonfat, 1 cup
* Jif Creamy Peanut Butter, reduced fat, 2 tbsp
* Water, tap, 1 cup
* Strawberries, fresh, 4 medium (1-1/4" dia)

I would be looking to get atleast 40g of protein from a meal of that caliber. Add in some egg whites, they are about 8g protein per egg.

I would be looking to get atleast 40g of protein from a meal of that caliber. Add in some egg whites, they are about 8g protein per egg.

On second thought i made the shake and it taste nasty IMO.yuk yuk yuk..Soo i was wondering if i ate all the ingredients seperately if i would still get the same 700Cals and total nutrients or does combining it as a shake make a difference?

* Old Fashioned Quaker Oatmeal- Plain, 1 cup dry
* Banana, fresh, 1 medium (7" to 7-7/8" long)
* Milk, nonfat, 1 cup
* Jif Creamy Peanut Butter, reduced fat, 2 tbsp
* Water, tap, 1 cup
* Strawberries, fresh, 4 large (1- 3/38" dia)
*2 Egg whites from Medium white eggs

You can eat it all seperate and get the same cals for sure. Making it a shake doesnt add to it at all.

2 scoops whey (i prefer chocolate), 1 banana, 1 cup oats, 10 aldmonds, 5 walnuts, honey, water and or ice, !tastes great! enjoy.

2 scoops whey (i prefer chocolate), 1 banana, 1 cup oats, 10 aldmonds, 5 walnuts, honey, water and or ice, !tastes great! enjoy.

Thanks guys.I gave it some thought and found a simpler way.I eliminated the strawberries and also the egg whites because it risk the chance of salmonella even if it's small and replaced it with 4 cups of 1% milk instead of just using 1 cup. So now i up my daily calories by 1000 to gain weight. Thoughts on the nutrition facts anyone??

I cook the oatmeal using 2 cups of milk
2 cups of milk blended with a serving of peanut butter as a delicious drink
1 Medium banana as my snack

4th Meal
Amount Per Serving

Calories 1,028.5
Total Fat 28.2 g
Saturated Fat 9.8 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2.6 g
Monounsaturated Fat 5.0 g
Cholesterol 48.8 mg
Sodium 600.8 mg
Potassium 1,931.3 mg
Total Carbohydrate 145.5 g
Dietary Fiber 12.8 g
Sugars 72.4 g
Protein 51.0 g
Vitamin A 40.3 %
Vitamin B-12 71.6 %
Vitamin B-6 58.2 %
Vitamin C 17.9 %
Vitamin D 26.8 %
Vitamin E 3.6 %
Calcium 16.7 %
Copper 21.0 %
Folate 17.9 %
Iron 27.6 %
Magnesium 50.4 %
Manganese 10.5 %
Niacin 32.6 %
Pantothenic Acid 38.3 %
Phosphorus 95.1 %
Riboflavin 117.2 %
Selenium 47.8 %
Thiamin 36.5 %
Zinc 34.5 %

Your breakfast could use some improvments, get your diet dialed in and tryto gey most of your calories from
real food if possible imo.. Shakes are best for pwo

Top Bottom