Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is milk good for muscle growth?

BruceLEE123

ive been on ABCbodybuilding.com forums, and all i get there is milk is bad for muscle growth/development for bodybuidlig..... they said a ingredient in milk prevents muscle growth, does anyone know about this???? or is it misleading???

i need someone to tell me! reason why im posting here, is bcuz their forum is mess'd up and i cannot post on that site for some odd reason, i cannot even regiester for an account! their network system is all messed up! thanks for the input/advice about milk.

Last edited:
That has to be absolute garbage information. Are they trying to sell you something better than milk? Do they push supplements there?

Milk has whey and casein protein in it. What is bad about that?

um... milk is the only food calves get for the first part of their lives, when they nearly double/triple in size. you think they experience muscle atrophy with that growth?

no. milk is awesome for muscle building. the only downside to it is the high amount of sugar, although compared to soft drinks or fruit juice, it's relatively low in sugar.

Milk is great for bulking. As with anything you drink or eat, make sure the protein/carb/fat calories fit into your daily allowance. What I usually do is drink 30 grams of whey with 100 grams of dextrose post workout, then around 70 grams of complex (low GI) carbs with 2 glasses of milk an hour later.

Drinking milk before bed is also a great idea. Since milk is rich is casein protein, it will keep your body anabolic throughout the night. Contrary to popular belief, the carbs in the milk will spare the protein since they absorb slower than carbs from oatmeal.

Last edited:
BruceLEE123 said:
ive been on ABCbodybuilding.com forums, and all i get there is milk is bad for muscle growth/development for bodybuidlig..... they said a ingredient in milk prevents muscle growth, does anyone know about this???? or is it misleading???

It's pretty stupid

BTW whey is a fraction of milk

BruceLEE123 said:

i need someone to tell me! reason why im posting here, is bcuz their forum is mess'd up and i cannot post on that site for some odd reason, i cannot even regiester for an account! their network system is all messed up! thanks for the input/advice about milk.

If you want to ask something, be sure you have the right information. At ABC, they state milk is bad PWO. Why ? It slower digestion. PWO you need a very fast digesting shake. That's why they reject milk in PWO shake. Lactose and casein are bad to be taken PWO. Also, milk is forbidden in one of their cutting diet program, because it's a really hardcore one, so simple sugars (exept PWO) are restricted. That's it. You're absolutly wrong, and you give a bad image of the site. The guys works on the field of scientific researchs, whenever they state something, they prove it with studies. Look at all their nutrition articles.

Milk is something that I absolutely will not live without....but I've never tried to cut either. It does build solid mass and is good protein source.

I am "THE" milk man.

I do not think there is another person alive that likes milk more than I do. I will not give it up even if I'm strict dieting. I just have to cut to 1% and cut the volume of it consumed down.

I drink at least 1/2-3/4 of a gallon a day of 2% on average easy.

Least I could live with would be about a quart a day of lowfat milk.

Milk is technically superior to whey in many ways. Milk protein(casein) is digested slowly and releases it's protein into the blood stream for many hours, whereas whey has a short life of only about 2 hours.

I don't see why you can't have milk in your post-workout recovery shake. I always do. I just mix whey into it.

BAM! Then you get the best of both worlds. Your body will get a quick surge of aminos from the whey and a long lasting trickle from the casein.

It's not as if because you take both together that one or the other won't be digested.

I have been drinking around 1.5 ltrs of milk a day, I was hoping it wasn't to much of a good thing? It is a sugar (lactose), so could to much be a problem?

Top Bottom