Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is it true you can't overtrain doing bodyweight exercises?

Thanks for all the replies guys.I understand and agree with what has been said (I understood this already though). I guess I was rather vague ,what I really mean is this:

My pullups are really rather weak,I beleive that weighted pullups are THE BEST back exercise. Therefore,surely it is better to do them all the time ,for a short period because it will pay huge dividends in the LONG TERM . Thus I could do them 5 days a week and get better at them -like the guys who train with them regularly- and when I returned to doing them once a week i would be much stronger and able to do them with a plate or strapped to me.

This would be short term training not worrying about mass for a long term gain (which would ultimately deliver more mass) and hopefully avoiding overtraining.

Any thoughts guys?

I believe heavy weights are the way to growth. With BW exercises the only progressive resistance you get is adding reps. That may keep you conditioned and build endurance, but I dont see it leading to much size. Even if you did BW exercises everyday for hours, Id see it as a form of undertraining. You can stress the muscles so much more with weights. If I were to switch from my heavy chest training, to doing push-ups Id lose ALOT of my size and strength.

I agree bro..... totally. It's not a size matter it's pure ego,i just want to get more bw pullups and want to do them everyday just for shit n giggles. I just don't want it to mess up my hypertrophy program.

why post a question if you already decided what you want to hear and will argue with everyone who says anything different?

I dont get it

Dial_tone said:
It is exactly the point. Think about how much bigger they could be if they were resting every other day. Their sports involve technique that needs to be practiced everyday. Do you know any top powerlifters squatting 4-5 days a week?

There are quite a few olympic lifters squatting 4+ days a week. I have more respect for an olympic lifter squatting 700-800+ lbs ass to the floor RAW than a powerlifter going just to parallel with 18 pieces of gear on.

NYBodyguard said:
why post a question if you already decided what you want to hear and will argue with everyone who says anything different?

I dont get it

My guess is you 'don't get it' a lot of the time.

Asking people's opinions and comparing them to your own is not arguing...it's a form of dialectic,a debate ...if everyone just says the same thing this stops being an interactive message board.

Also,I am interested from my own observations whether certain trainers can thrive on doing daily bw exercises

Top Bottom