Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

Is it like this in every office?

Raina

Banned
Why is it that all of the guys in the office assume that because I lack a penis, that I know how to troubleshoot problems with fax machines and printers? Do a lot of men think that little girls are pulled aside growing up and taught the skills needed to fix office equipment? Just wondering because this happens daily and I have no idea.

I guess I'm a bad woman. :(
 
they are hitting on you
bastards, ill kill themmmmm
:) btw how was your night?
 
Raina said:
Why is it that all of the guys in the office assume that because I lack a penis, that I know how to troubleshoot problems with fax machines and printers? Do a lot of men think that little girls are pulled aside growing up and taught the skills needed to fix office equipment? Just wondering because this happens daily and I have no idea.

I guess I'm a bad woman. :(

ha! ha!

I asked women in my office how to cook different things, because I can't cook and sometimes I just get a blank stare.
 
I was asked to find remnants of a bullet fired into my boss's office yesterday.. I have no idea what they were thinking then either.

At least they didn't ask you to make coffee.. that'd be grounds for a people's elbow.
 
My wife gets that all the time too. She's a bookkeeper in an office full of male engineers. The engineers print to a photocopier & when wifey noticed they'd all been printing to the general printer she asked them why. They said theirs didn't work. She fixed it.
2 points:
1. Why didn't they call for service.?
2. Why couldn't they figure out the toner was empty all by themselves?
 
A few reasons why.

1) They see themselves as important and fixing the copier is not important. So, they'll try to get someone else to fix it or go print at another copier.
2) They don't want to get dirty.
3) Asking you for help is their way of boosting your ego.
4) They want to look under your skirt when you bend over.
 
Has nothing to do with gender, at least at the company I work for. If you're in the position of ordering supplies/office manager/office assistant, they figure you must know how to fix them too.
 
But I'm not. I don't order any of that stuff. Or know where anything is in the supply cabinet. That's not my job!
 
Seashell said:
At least they didn't ask you to make coffee.. that'd be grounds for a people's elbow.

I was asked this last week, and I didn't even respond just left the room laughing.
 
Raina said:
But I'm not. I don't order any of that stuff. Or know where anything is in the supply cabinet. That's not my job!

Did it used to be your job? Did you fix it for them once?

Hell, I'd ask them why they're asking you.
 
Raina said:
Why is it that all of the guys in the office assume that because I lack a penis, that I know how to troubleshoot problems with fax machines and printers? Do a lot of men think that little girls are pulled aside growing up and taught the skills needed to fix office equipment? Just wondering because this happens daily and I have no idea.

I guess I'm a bad woman. :(

Tell them all to go to hell.

Well it's assumed at my office that I know how (and want) to fix everything from the air conditioning to the god damned cappuccino machine. Apparantly no one else who works here is capable, so some days I get like five office lackeys coming to find me to fix: the shredder, stapler, A/C, coffe maker, their car, their door, thier electrical problem. etc.........

Not that I'm bitter or anything.
 
Scotsman said:
Tell them all to go to hell.

Well it's assumed at my office that I know how (and want) to fix everything from the air conditioning to the god damned cappuccino machine. Apparantly no one else who works here is capable, so some days I get like five office lackeys coming to find me to fix: the shredder, stapler, A/C, coffe maker, their car, their door, thier electrical problem. etc.........

Not that I'm bitter or anything.

Well, if you weren't so damned snuggly.

CMSB001%20SNUGGLE%20BEAR.png
 
TheProject said:
Has nothing to do with gender, at least at the company I work for. If you're in the position of ordering supplies/office manager/office assistant, they figure you must know how to fix them too.

Agreed. Its the same at my company. If there is a problem with the copier or scanner I call my secretary or the guys that handle the office management stuff (an outsource staff that orders supplies, does our (legal dept) copying, etc.).
 
They just wanted another chance to see/talk/interact with you. Pure and simple

Whiskey
 
I don't do my hair to go to work Whiskey. Nor do I wear anything exciting. It's super cold in my office so I put a sweatshirt over everything I wear. Trust me, I don't wear my bikini or have my ass hanging out at work.
 
I think its fairly simple. Both machines have plugs. You have to see if they are plugged in. That means bending over the machine... need I say more?!?!
Damnit... now I'm horny!
 
I think it's backwards here, if you're a woman we assume you don't know how to do any of those things, except make coffee, answer the phones and hand out paychecks
 
Raina said:
Why is it that all of the guys in the office assume that because I lack a penis, that I know how to troubleshoot problems with fax machines and printers? Do a lot of men think that little girls are pulled aside growing up and taught the skills needed to fix office equipment? Just wondering because this happens daily and I have no idea.

I guess I'm a bad woman. :(


I think I know why.
 
EnderJE said:
A few reasons why.

1) They see themselves as important and fixing the copier is not important. So, they'll try to get someone else to fix it or go print at another copier.
2) They don't want to get dirty.
3) Asking you for help is their way of boosting your ego.
4) They want to look under your skirt when you bend over.

And they know you may have had the patience and inteligence to read the manual.
 
I used to work in a small company with only 2 chicks

One day, the first one was on vacation and the second sick
This day not only there was no coffee but also the whole company seemed to be unable to function properly
 
Top Bottom