Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is 50g of fat from Flax seed oil too much for cutting?

SAF

I'm on a strict diet at the momemt while I prepare for my show, so I'm not taking in any fat aside from the Flax seed oil which I take twice a day. Currently, I'm taking 2 tablespoons in the morning, and 2 at night, which amounts to 52g of fat at the end of the day. Is this too much?

SAF

How can you not be taking in any extra fat? Don't you eat meat?

It seems like a little too much, but I nned to know your exact stats.

imo peanut butter is much better. especially the natural kind. i say that fat intake is fine depending on your calorie intake. that comes out to about 350 calories a day from fat, which isnt to bad.

I actually dont eat any meat. My protein comes from tuna, egss, filet fish, and protein shakes, that's it.

SAF

There is a lot of myth about the need to avoid fat. The truth is you need to avoid high glycemic carbs. Unless you get the sugar spike from high glycemic carbs... you can't store fat. You could eat fat by itself all day and never store a gram.

I'm not trying to avoid fat, I'm trying to avoid saturated fat, because I know that by taking Flax seed oil, which consists of mostly unsaturated fats, you can actually get leaner.

SAF

well you eat fish cause fish is a meat, and had fatty acids in it, which are good, so enjoy a pizza pop with your tuna,

but no shit, i dont find much wrong with 52g fat from flaxseed

If your restricting your carbs, then you need more healthy fat, Flax is perfect. Your body will use this for energy. I don't know if you need quite that much but, supplementing some is a wise idea. You adding these Tblspn's of Flax to your protein shakes correct, why not just add a couple teaspoons instead of Tblspn's? I think a Tblspn a day is plenty. Figure out your macronutrient break down to see the percentage of fat your taking in and adjust it with that. I wouldn't suggest getting above 20% of cals from fat, if your dieting. Hope I helped.

SOLID

Top Bottom