Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Increasing delt size?

melissa001

Hi all...I've been training for about 15 years, very inconsistently and with no intensity. For about a year, I have been very consistent and have gotten the nutrition in check...added cardio and I think I'm seeing results...slow, but results nonetheless. I'm pretty petite, 5'3", about 17% BF, and now weigh 120# with the help of creatine. I also use Labrada Lean Body Low Carb MRP's, multi's, flax oil, Glutamine and protein supps. I'm eating 5-6 times a day and no cheats except Sundays.

I'm getting married in September & I have this dream of nice round delts. I have come a long way from where I was, but I am looking for some exercises that will really get things going...I already do DB presses, Smith press, lateral raises, etc. I have crepitis in my right shoulder so I constantly have the clicks and pops along with pain. I have noticed that I'm getting stronger, I'm now doing DB presses with about 35#. I usually work out alone, so I can't go too heavy since I have no one to spot me. Any advice on good mass builders in a short period of time?

Thanks! :confused:

you need size on sides

Arnold's and side raises are good. Shoulders are limited in the number of exercises you can perform, especially for the side and rear delts. Fronts are no problem- front raises, any presses, standing upright rows...but this causes proportion problems and your fronts look nice but strange when compared to sides and rears. REALLY concentrate on the side and rears when you do them, feel the burn and make sure you're focused. You got all summer to make some gains and you will:) BTW congrats.

Hey There,

congradulations on the wedding, the thing to remember about the shoulders is that it is a 3 headed muscle, so you should be working all 3 heads to some degree. The main muscle of the shoulder that will give you a more rounded looking shoulder is the side delt head. I would be doing at least 3 sets of side laterals, but you should be doing them on a slightly different angles each set, for example, you will do your 1st set standing straight up, the 2nd you will lean forward a little & on the 3rd you will either sit on an incline bench with a slight decline & this way of training the delts ensures that you are hitting different parts of the same muscle giving it a fuller & rounder look. I have been doing this my self as well as my clients & the results have been great. Give it a try & let me know how you go.

Take Care,

Guy

I'd like to know about the arnold press also.I used to lift heavy all the time.It wasn't long later that I developed crepitis.Now I only use light to moderate weight with excellent form.My question is what can be done about the crepitis I have?It is in both of my shoulders.Thanx.

D_Boone:bawling:

do a search for arnold presses. someone put up a good post (within the last 2 weeks) w/ pictures that explains it all.

Thanks for the information on the Arnold press.I'll incorporate them into my shoulder work immediatly for trial.I still need to know what to do about this Crepitus though.It has put the brakes on heavy shoulder movements for months now.The pain used to be unbearable but after some time away from direct shoulder work it isn't as bad.Yet I still have the grinding,popping and snapping on a daily basis.

Dan Boone

Top Bottom