Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

increase the number off dips and chins

Answer to this first.

How many reps you can do for dips and chin-ups right now? Have you done them with weight yet? Current routine? Technique? Experience? Height? Weight?

dips with out weight: 42 reps
1rm with 70kg

chins with out weight: 16 reps ( :( )

at the moment i'm doing GT 10x10 routine like that :) it works perfect for me!

height: 179cm
weight: 91kg
BF 12%

i need it for a contest next year where i need a good symmetry and also do a hell of alot chins and dips.

You seem to be doing fine on dips.

German Volume Training is very good for this, but try doing twice a week (monday-thursday) like this.
Your amount of total reps is 100.

during 3 weeks the next 6 workouts you gonna do it like this:

1- 9x12 reps rest a minute
2- 8x13 reps rest a minute
3- 7x14 reps rest 1.30
4- 6x15 reps rest 1.30
5- 5x16 reps rest 2 min
6- 4x17 reps rest 2 min

After this test your max! Never work the series until failure, if you feel the need, back off from the total amount of sets but keep the rep range and rest a little more between sets to complete the reps if needed and I will say it again, stay one rep away from failure.

Give it a try for 3 weeks and post the results so we can take a look at it.

You seem to be doing fine on dips.

German Volume Training is very good for this, but try doing twice a week (monday-thursday) like this.
Your amount of total reps is 100.

during 3 weeks the next 6 workouts you gonna do it like this:

1- 9x12 reps rest a minute
2- 8x13 reps rest a minute
3- 7x14 reps rest 1.30
4- 6x15 reps rest 1.30
5- 5x16 reps rest 2 min
6- 4x17 reps rest 2 min

After this test your max! Never work the series until failure, if you feel the need, back off from the total amount of sets but keep the rep range and rest a little more between sets to complete the reps if needed and I will say it again, stay one rep away from failure.

Give it a try for 3 weeks and post the results so we can take a look at it.

thanks!! i'l get back with the results:qt:

dips with out weight: 42 reps
1rm with 70kg

chins with out weight: 16 reps ( :( )

at the moment i'm doing GT 10x10 routine like that :) it works perfect for me!

height: 179cm
weight: 91kg
BF 12%

i need it for a contest next year where i need a good symmetry and also do a hell of alot chins and dips.

you can do 42 dips with no weight, and one with 140 lbs... I'd say your ahead of most of the people in here. With those kind of numbers maybe we should be taking your advice.

I used to be wank at chin ups, before I could do about 4 now I can do about 10 reps with 11lbs extra weight without rest, thats after about a month, heres how I did it..
(iv got a chinning bar in my bedroom doorframe) did 3 reps everytime I walked in and out of my room (or as many as i could if i couldnt do 3)
At the beginning of every workout warm up with 2 sets of chins to failure.
Do chins to about 6 or 8 reps, use wight if u have to and do 2-3 sets of them, then bodyweight to failure.
Warm up properly first, I find that if just throughout the day I grab the bar I can only do about 8 reps with bodyweight, but after a few weighted sets I can do about 15...

you can do 42 dips with no weight, and one with 140 lbs... I'd say your ahead of most of the people in here. With those kind of numbers maybe we should be taking your advice.

i have allways bin abel to di alto off dips, and my tricebs is one off my forces.. but to win the contest i need to do atleast 45 dips and 26 chins, if i can't do 26 chins i've got to more dips :qt:

today will be my first dips+chins day in the routine postet earlier. normaly it is my off day from 10x10.. but today it' dips and chins day:evil:

Chins and dips are both coupounds - I would like to see what type of gains are made focusing on the 2 alone - post some pics bro and then keep us updated with progress pics?

If you eat lots of high fat dips, you will increase your number of chins.

Top Bottom