Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Imput on Dymatize Mass Gainer ??

Hi all, I'm new to the board & was hoping someone could help me. I was wondering if anyone has tried Dymatize Mass Gainer or if you could look at the ingredient list & tell me what you think.

I've been out of work for 3 months now & have been hitting the gym faithfully & bulking. I finally have time to devote to working out, since I'm not currently working, at the moment. I managed to put on 10 lbs in 13 weeks thanks to Genesis Weight Gainer, a bulking diet & regular use of free weights, leg weight machines & squats. I'm currently 5'5 1/2 & 118 lbs. I used to be 108 lbs & the extra 10lbs I gained made a huge difference. I gained it in all of the right places. My legs form very fast & have always been naturally muscular. However, my arms still need some work. I'd like to gain another 10-12 lbs & continue the weights regimen.

Has anyone taken Dymatize Mass Gainer & if so how did it work for you. I was happy on Genesis Weight Gainer but, would like to try something else. Also... could someone take a look at the ingredient list & tell me what you think? THANKS!

Super Mega Gainer by Dymatize is a high quality, highly efficient protein source made from the finest proprietary blend of Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate, and Complex Carbohydrates. For the Ultimate in high quality weight gainers try Super Mega Gainer.
  • 1,280 calories
  • 50 grams of protein
  • an awesome value.
Supplement Facts
Serving Size 2 scoops
Servings Per Container 16
Amount Per Serving
Calories 1,280
Calories from Fat 72
Total Fat 8 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 70 mg
Sodium 200 mg
Potassium 500 mg
Total Carbohydrate 252 g
Sugars 39 g
Protein 50 g
Vitamin A 2,500 IU
Vitamin C 60 mg
Calcium 410 mg
Vitamin D 200 IU
Vitamin E 30 IU
Biotin 150 mcg
Chromium 120 mcg
Niacin 10 mg
Pantothenic Acid 5 mg
Vitamin B12 3 mcg
Vitamin B6 1 mg
Riboflavin 1 mg
Folic Acid 140 mcg
Creatine Monohydrate 1 g
Proprietary Amino Acid Blend 2 g
Zytrix 250 mg

Ingredients:
Dymatize Complex Carbohydrate Blend (Made up of the Highest Quality Corn Dextrins Available from Maltodextrin Providing Ultra High Levels of 100% Pure Long Chain Glucose Polymers), Dymatize Protein Blend (Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Calcium Caseinate, Egg Albumen), Dymatize Simple Carbohydrate Blend, Natural Cocoa, Dymatize Super Mega Gainer Vitamin and Mineral, and Fatty Acid Blend (Vitamin A Palmitate, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin D3, Ascorbic Acid, D-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Soy Lecithin, Medium Chain Triglycerides, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Niacinamide, Zinc Oxide, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Folic Acid, Biotin, Potassium Iodide, Beta Carotene, Brewer's Yeast, CGF Chromium Yeast, Spirullina, Cyanocobalamin), Natural and Artificial Flavors. Proprietary Amino Acid Blend: Glutamine, Glutamine Peptides, L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine.

Suggested Use

Well, honestly, for most of us the problem isn't difficulty with gaining weight. I mean, one scoop of that stuff is about 1/4 of my total maintenance calories for the day and I'm a lot taller than you, with a large frame.

For all those calories, the macro breakdown is 16% p/70% carb/6% fat. Personally, I can't expend that much on carbs and I don't like drinking my meals.

I would not recommend that product. Maltodextrin is a poor cho source for a weight gainer. You could easily make your own and it would be better nutritionally and tastewise as well.

All you need is....

Chocolate whey
Oat powder
All natural peanut butter
Blender Bottle

You can get the whey and oat powder (oat muscle) at Proteinfactory.com. The Blender Bottle is a handy way to mix this by hand. You can tailor the macros to suit you goals. Two scoops whey (40g Pro), one scoop oats (30g cho), and one tbsp ANPB (8g fat) would probably be perfect. It will taste like drinking. Reses cup too :)

Guys, thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it. Musclemom.. One thing I forgot to mention is, I don't gain weight easily at all. In order to gain that 10 lbs., I had to really focus, choose my foods properly & eat like a pig late at night. I also have a small to medium frame & can hide weight easily on my frame & not look fat. My legs get muscled fast, because I danced ballet for 9 years, growing up. I've only been in the gym for 3 months consistently & my legs formed so fast. However, I am actively working on my arms, which tend to be soft. I wish my arms would hold muscle as fast as my legs do. I am still a work in progress, I have a long way to go.

Southern Lord, I will try your suggestion out. It sounds good, thanks. What do you think about the creatine in that product? How do women do on creatine & how long of a cycle should it be used for? I am going to assume, a women shouldn't use it for an extended period of time.

Creatine is fine for a woman. Plain German creatine monohydrate is best. Look for the Creapure trademark.

5g everyday for 8-12 weeks followed by 4 weeks off is a common cycling method.

Top Bottom