Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Im doing a 3 day split and eating a lot to bulk up, have a quick question

bentleychris23

hey hows it going, im trying to bulk up right now as I'm 6'0 163. I'm trying to eat as much as I can and do heavy compound lifts to get to around 180 or 190. I'm very intrigued by this crossfit training which they have at my gym, as it seems to benefit overall functional strength. would it be overtraining or detrimental for me to do a crossfit workout or two on the weekends, after doing heavy squats, deadlifts, and bench press Monday Wednesday Friday respectively? Thanks.

I'm not totally against crossfit as some people are just not a fan of people using bad form as a lot of crossfitters do. since you're on a 3 day split I assume you work full body on each day. if that's the case I would say crossfit on the weekend would be over training. There are many other lifting programs you could look into for bulking. there are plenty laid out here on this site.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using EliteFitness

Google it..

OP; Crossfit would be a good change up but I agree it would probably over training....you can use it as a change of pace from heavy lifting but not in addition to...

~EZ

"Eating alot", is not going to cut it when it comes to gaining 20 pounds of quality muscle. You should be going for 3500 calories, including 340 grams of protein everyday. Focused compound lifts, like the SL 5x5 program, along with this diet will definitely get you moving in the right direction.

Top Bottom