Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

If you could be a pro BB.

Would you become a pro bodybuilder if you could?

• Yes

Votes: 46 46.9%
  • No

Votes: 42 42.9%
  • Undecided

Votes: 7 7.1%

• Total voters
But I thought anyone could be a pro? It was only a month or so ago that a droolingly retarded t-mag editoral was linked to on this very forum, where Milos Sarcev said we all have our own little inner pro just waiting to come out.

Would I like their genetics and response to sauce? Fuck yes, I think anyone who takes gear would. You could do pissant little cycles with pro genetics, eat like a bird and do the most half assed training possible... and still look ready for a 70's/80's magazine cover. yes, I'd like Vince Taylors genes next time round please

dale_gribble said:
150% CORRECT!!!!! Its a little hard telling your landlord you cant pay the rent because you came in 15th place at the Classic. Even if you say you're doing it for the love of the sport, the love isnt going to pay the bills. Pro BB'ing is a 24hr a day job, and to say fuck the money, just doesnt cut it.

I think the younger guys are still disillusioned into thinking that if they're pic is in a magazine they're on easy street. Once you become an adult, you can still love bodybuilding, but how much do you love yourself when you put every dime you make in your ass? The only way you could justify being pro is if you're a total attention whore that bases their entire self esteem on how many "damn, you're huge" compliments they get in a day-which are usually followed by a "dumbass won't live til he's 35" comment as soon as they walk away. Even if you are an attention whore, there's gonna be a time/place where you want your privacy and you won't have any. because you're an ambassdador to the sport of BB, you will be required to stop whatever you're doing and sign an autograph and answer moronic "dbol only" cycle questions. If you don't you'll be labled a dick-just like Eminem was for not signing some kid's autograph while he was trying to take a shit in a public restroom. Even as an amateur I encountered this kind of scenario. Because personal training paid my bills, and most of my biz was referrals, I couldn't afford to be a dick to anyone cuz it could cost me clients down the line. Imagine being on a date w/ a girl and having the waiter sit down at the table and start telling you about his injuries, workout history, etc. You're trying to close the deal w/ your date, and you have some cockblocker workout nut humping your leg the whole time. It sucks. I can only imagine how much worse it would be if I were pro.

dale_gribble said:
LMAO! Ronnies a genetic freak! :D

But the way the judging is going these days, guys like Ronnie and Jay are going to be a thing of the past. Pro BB'ing has been a far to political for sport for too long now, and its time they went back to judging on over all body comp and looks rather than judging on who the person is.
Judging in pro contests can be a joke. Too political, and far too subjective. What they want in one contest changes the next.

botrx said:
Judging in pro contests can be a joke. Too political, and far too subjective. What they want in one contest changes the next.

You're going to see some big changes in the way BB'ing is judged from now on pretty much. All the Colemans and Cutlers will be a thing of the past.

dex is the only guy i think looks like the classic bber like serge and shawn ray. his bro johnny has a sick build too. i honestly, not to dick ride, but i would rather look like makavelli on ef more than any bber just me though.

I would. But not for the IFBB. Wayne Demlias new pro division looks promising. They said their ideal for a champion is 6'4, 260 range, good looks. Something to make people interested again. I guess 5'6 weighing 280lbs and needing oxygen tanks back stage (even Dexter needed oxygen at the Arnold this year. Even his look isn't healthy) isn't cutting it anymore. I love the look and I respect what they do but it's ruining the sport.

Too bad the AAU isn't still around. At least if you won an AAU show the promoter often paid your way to go to the Mr America/ Mr Universe. Unfortunately the NPC often blackballed AAU competitors, so it lost a lot of popularity-at least here in the states.

rusbus01 said:
if your looking fame or money this sport isnt for you....you have to love this shit ....you have to love everything from eating fucking nasty ass food, not going out , sticking yourself with needles, the list goes on an on and if that list doesnt give u a boner just thinking about the possibilities dont try and be a pro bb .......for some people winning that fucking trophy or just doing it for the sake of being diffrent then everyone else is enough the people who look for the money and fame will most likely be dissapointed in the end.... LOVE THIS FUCKING SHIT

You need to love it..PERIOD. Live it..breathe it...research it endlessly...then some more...train..dream...do the impossible....repeat...

Like other sports...this one isnt about the money..it's about doing something you never thought you could do...and getting up on that stage with all your pride and glory and making the near impossible a reality. it's only for a short period in your life, so im trying to make the best of it while im still young, since ill most likely be retired from competing when im in my late 30s, and or, when i peak..

DG, I couldn't agree more. BB'ing does require a sick amount of discipline and sacrifice. It is a thankless and fameless endeavor considering how much is put into it. I played college baseball and I can say that every show I have done was a much bigger accomplishment than putting on the jersey for a few hours a day. It's a sport you have to love to be involved in. If you're doing it for money you might as well go try something else. It is a rewarding sport in the sense of feelings of accomplishment and personal improvement, but it would be brutal to try to make a living from it even if you were an average pro!

Top Bottom