Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I made some farmer's walk implements, too

Wow man, you're on the ball! I can't wait to see what Nate does with all this "handy" inspiration...you see, I get to enjoy all the fun toys he has!

Handles should be 1 3/8"...I don't suggest any thicker or thinner.

You for sure need to space the plates out more too...for a longer stride.

Remember, just because they call it a Farmers Walk...doesn't mean that you have to WALK with it. Get a move on!!!! The faster you run the less time you have to hold onto it.

B True

I just measured the pipes. I guess they sell pipes based on the inside diameter. They are 1.5 inches inside and almost 2 inches thick on the outside.

I'm sure there's some way to make smaller diameter handles if I need to. I'm not training for a strongman event or anything. I thought thick handled farmers walks would be a fun way to train grip and traps/core at the same time.

If you use a thick handle..I feel that you have basically wasted a lot of your money. There are so many ways to train the grip...that I just can't see spending much money or time on making a set with a thicker than standard handle.

The smaller handle will work the grip a lot (and in a totally different way than a thick handle, in a BETTER way I believe) and you have A LOT more weight on them which works your entire back side of your body.

B True

b fold the truth said:
If you use a thick handle..I feel that you have basically wasted a lot of your money. There are so many ways to train the grip...that I just can't see spending much money or time on making a set with a thicker than standard handle.

The smaller handle will work the grip a lot (and in a totally different way than a thick handle, in a BETTER way I believe) and you have A LOT more weight on them which works your entire back side of your body.

B True

Good points, B. I'm not trying to argue with you. I see what you're saying. I'll see if I can modify them to have thinner handles. It does defeat the purpose of farmer's holds if the grip is too thick.

Last edited:
Top Bottom