Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I Cant Pull Fast

Hi!

As far as I know, you shouldn't explode from the beginning. You start slow and than increase the speed your way up.
Maybe you should train the Power Clean a few month before swtiching to the High Pull to get that groove.
You will start lighter compared to the Pull that may help you to concentrate on form.
After a few month you could than add High Pulls again and should be able to get that hip thrust you need.

Don't you have anybody in your gym to check your form?
You wrote, that your pulling more with your arms. That is IMO a technical fault.
You start like in the DL. After passing your knees, you jump up/give a hip thrust forward, than you contract/pull with your traps and at last you pull a few inch higher with your arms.

Using straps would be fine, so your focus can be more on the performance.

Greetz,
C.

If you were to do them, I wouldn't recommed anything over 50-60% 1RM for sets of 3. So if EM cam pull 300, He could start defecit speed deads at 150 for sets of 3. The most important thing here is short rest periods and explosive reps.

Top Bottom