Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I am watching Queer Eye for the first time...

flexed1 said:
whatever you have almost 14,000 posts your real fucking busy.

WWF shot of Flex and AAP

reunion3.jpg

Another one of those shows akin to Queer As Folk that stereotypes gay men as a bunch of screaming nelly faggots. No wonder so many hate gays. I guess portraying gays as the overwhelming majority are would not fetch much in the ratings department. Most the gay guys I know would like the snap the limp wrists of the stereotypical screaming disco twinkies they show on TV -- almost as demasculinated as so many straight men are after 10 or 20 years of being pussywhipped 24/7.

It can be a good show to watch, but I agree with Spruceman.

Way too many stereotypes. We can cook, we know what to wear, we know how to decorate.

Puhleeeez, come over to my pig stye and watch me make PB&J sandwiches.

I definately think that Queer as Folk was not so great for the gay community. The show was a little over the top and made some people I think move even farther away from accepting people who are gay. Although at the same time no publicity is bad publicity. The show just annoyed me over time

i love the show and watch it whenever its on...to me it has nothing to do with them being gay at all....while the fab5 are all gay, they are also professionals that know what they are doing....i love em!

Anyone else think the "culture" guy (who conveniently is replaced by a black dude, no more Jai) is a pretty expendable role on the show? They should replace him with a pt or someone who gets him on some supps.

SC4EVA said:
I definately think that Queer as Folk was not so great for the gay community. The show was a little over the top and made some people I think move even farther away from accepting people who are gay. Although at the same time no publicity is bad publicity. The show just annoyed me over time

Queer as Folk may be over the top for you, but it's pretty mainstream to the Gay Community.
Unlike "Will & Grace" (total stereotypes played out by straight actors), every gay person knows friends very much like every character on Queer as Folk.
That show has made Showtime profitable again.
When HBO got Sex in the City, The Soprannos, and Ozz, everybody started converting to HBO, and Showtime had nothing but old movies.
With Queer as Folk, Showtime is now back in the black and producing other specialty shows,
like "Dead like Me" and "Out of Order" (both great by the way).
The Gay market is a niche market, true, but with millions of watchers, a niche market can be quite profitable (as the "Fab 5" just proved on BRAVO).

??? Why did my font come out larger than usual ???

Last edited:
john937 said:

Queer as Folk may be over the top for you, but it's pretty mainstream to the Gay Community.
Unlike "Will & Grace" (total stereotypes played out by straight actors), every gay person knows friends very much like every character on Queer as Folk.
That show has made Showtime profitable again.
When HBO got Sex in the City, The Soprannos, and Ozz, everybody started converting to HBO, and Showtime had nothing but old movies.
With Queer as Folk, Showtime is now back in the black and producing other specialty shows,
like "Dead like Me" and "Out of Order" (both great by the way).
The Gay market is a niche market, true, but with millions of watchers, a niche market can be quite profitable (as the "Fab 5" just proved on BRAVO).

I am the first to agree that many people live the lives of the guys in queer as folk. I just feel that it was a little over the top. Some episodes and some scenes were very exaggerated. The gay market is def a HUGE niche and hopefully soon the cable network that is being created by MTV and SHO will come out.

I've never seen Queer as Folk, but the Queer Eye show is totally hilarious. And I don't think it does a disservice to gays, they are funny as hell, you could have a worse stereotype. And anyone with any intelligence knows it is just five guys, and there are all sorts of gays and straight guys. And the stupid people wouldn't get it if you wrote it on the Simpsons blackboard, so no use playing to them.

Top Bottom