Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hypoglycemia?

rebornlite

This may sound a little strange but I belive that I went into a stage of hypoglycemia yesterday. The reoson being is that I am currently taking a creatine based supplement that is loaded with 76 grams of sugar per serving, also I am on a heavy duty weight gainer that is loaded with 150 grams of carbs. I had a serving of each within a two hour span( as I always do on workout days). After dinner I felt very dizzy, light-headed, and I was extremley shakey. I threw down a dozen cookies and felt better almost immedeately.

Does this sound absolutely absurd? Is it possible to make yourself diabetic when spiking insulin levels with supplements?

Please reply with any information or experience.

Dude, You need to have it checked asap! If you started getting itchy, or if your limbs started loosing feeling its a dead given you got it! I don't think it's possible to become diabetic from spiking your insUlin levels, but now that I think about maybe...if you keep messing with it maybe your... (mental blank) the organ that produces insulin would go haywire, kinda like t3 and your thyroid?...

I've had similar experiences in the past... Not hypoglycemia though.

Stll have it checked out though because you never know.

I would see a doctor. If you're asking if it's possible to acquire diabetes, your answer is yes. Type II diabetes.

Your doctor will most likely ask about how often you've had to pee in the last month or so.

Yeah, you just take some blood work and pee in a cup then they tell you in like two or three days pretty easy.

Hypoglycemia is low blood sugar.

You may have induced hyperglycemia with all the sugar and simple carbs.

Hypoglycemia can happen a few hours after taking in lots of sugar because insulin spikes, decreases blood glucose and stores the energy as fat and drops blood glucose levels below where they should be and you get pale and sick.

Dabuff is right, likely not hypoglycemia. Pancreas makes insulin in response to ingested carbs. Pancreas also makes glucagon, a hormone which is produced in response to hypoglycemia. The liver makes and stores some sugar, so when hypoglycemia ensues, pancreas releases glucagon which induces liver to release its sugar stores. That is why people starve to death and die of dehydration, but not hypoglycemia when they go long periods without eating. Also, why liver problems can contribute to low blood sugar.

I have heard of unexplained hypoglycemia, but I find it much more likely your symptoms come from high blood sugar, or something else from all the supplements, amounts, or timing of them.

Either way there is nothing like getting all hot and itchy, and then have all your limbs go numb, and then your face, and then end up being force fed grapes and OJ to keep you alive:) YAY for a 13 on a glucometer YAY. SHIT SUCKED GET IT CHECKED!

Top Bottom