Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

HST - excercise selection

cmdubs

I'll be starting an HST cycle in a few weeks. Right now I'm selecting the excercises that I'll use. I want to keep the excercise selection pretty basic, mostly compound movements.

I'm not sure how many excercises I should use per body part, i.e., Flat Bench and Incline, Squat and Leg Press, in the same workout, or if maybe I would gain better using just one excercise with 2 sets for each.

Thoughts?

That's actually a good question. I personally favor incline benches and would rather just do them with two sets, as I don't feel regular bench presses do that much. Same with squats to leg presses. You'll get better gains using two sets of squats than splitting the work into leg presses also.

The heaviest, most basic compound moves are what you should shoot for most of the time. Still, to get the best gains your diet is going to have to be nailed down, not training so much.

It's just my opinion that two of the same exercise would be better, and probably easier to deal with, but it's up to you, and in the end the difference between either way isn't going to be that great that you should stress over it.

halfaclue said:
Can you do cardio during the deconditioning rest time?

I believe moderate cardio is fine as long as you're not doing anything that's gonna tax the muscles too much

Top Bottom