Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how to increase cardio??

CoBra666

Broken
just wondering the most effective way. or if there is one. like hiit, long slow runs, anearobic training?? or does it even matter? as long as im doing cardio is it all the same?? im dying in my muay thai classes lately help me!

Obviously jogging is different then sprints. A combination of the two is probably what would work best for you. Maybe cardio 3 days a week. 2 Days do sprints w/light jogging in between to keep heart pumping. 1 day do a 3-5 mile jog. Good luck cobra.

thanks bro. and lovin the new pics recently. nice lookin girl u got. yeah i been doing a couple mile jogs at a moderate pace then ending with sprints till i got nothin left. just wasnt sure if there was a specific type of cardio that is more beneficial than others. ill just keep mixing both in there.

current plan is to drop a lil bf%. and to icrease cardio in general for mua thai and boxing. so as many 3 minute rounds as i need with a 1 minute break. thiking of upping the intensity from a jog, but not quite to an all out sprint, for 3 minutes. than a minute of walking. then back to another 3 minutes og vining her shit, then 1 minute walking etc. its the equivalent of how we train. we do evertything in class llike that. 3 minutes on, then one off

this is what you do...

1. LSD (long slow distance) run 1 hour straight.. no more is necessary. keep the same pace throughout.. for this i recommend finding a trail to hit to keep yourself entertained as you run
2. 1.5 mile sprint. find a track or a treadmill for this and run a strong pace
3. hill work. running up hills

interval training is what is used by sprinters, I do not recommend this unless you are a very advanced runner.. it can lead to overtraining

I would mix both HIIT and some 1 - 1.5 mile long distance runs like steve said

But I wouldnt just do long distance, I would still do some HIIT. Only 1-2x a week, especially with your muay thai and kickboxing training

this is what you do...

1. LSD (long slow distance) run 1 hour straight.. no more is necessary. keep the same pace throughout.. for this i recommend finding a trail to hit to keep yourself entertained as you run
2. 1.5 mile sprint. find a track or a treadmill for this and run a strong pace
3. hill work. running up hills

interval training is what is used by sprinters, I do not recommend this unless you are a very advanced runner.. it can lead to overtraining

Are those 1 after the other or 3 separate days? Def not an advanced trainer. Lol

tabatas are great. do burpees, weighted burpees, burpe box jumps, squats, thrusters, hill sprints, prowler sprints, wall ball shots, ball slams, double unders, etc etc :)

then you can also mix the work/rest interval but 20/10 is great.

You can also mix in 'sport specific' exercises like bag work, combos.

IMO long slow cardio is almost useless once you have a good base. so if you have been doing muay thai classes for a year or so focus more on HIGH INTENSITY training with short breaks or rest periods. Keep the workouts under 20 mins for most of your training.

oh and 400m sprints are awesome as well.

Are those 1 after the other or 3 separate days? Def not an advanced trainer. Lol

no those are separate days.. I would do EOD OR you can do the sprint and LSD EOD and forget the hill work. that will really improve your endurance and speed in a hurry.

when i would train for 5K's i would do LSD runs 3 out of 4 days (i would log in about 20 miles total in those 3 days) leading up to the race.. then rest the 2 days preceding the race so my muscles are fresh.

they are less hard on your body than interval training or sprints believe it or not .. you are elevating your heart rate up to around 60-70% of max for 60 minutes.. when you sprint you are raising it to 90%.

I would also recommend you find a local running group, there will be people in that group (men and women) who are your speed that you can train with. they have them everywhere, you just have to look for them.

Top Bottom