Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How to drink the Flax Seed Oil?????

What about the quality of the flax oil in the capsules?

What I think might work is take a spoonful of natty PB, swallow it (it coats your entire mouth and throat), and then taking a shot of the flax and then chasing it. I'm WAY too full to try that right now. Maybe tomorrow. Somebody give it a shot and lemme know if it works.

Skim milk? Whole milk? I'm havin a hard time swallowing any liquid unless I move my tongue. It won't stay at the roof of my mouth. And I've tried to mix it in with a shake (10oz water, 4 scoops EAS Simply Whey Chocolate) and it was just fuckin gross. It was like drinking an oil shake. Bleh.

I have tried (and still use) a)the table spoon and chase method b)the shot glass and chase method c)the straight from the bottle method and d)the mix in in your shake method.

I actually grind my own seeds some times in a coffee grinder and put that in my shake in the mornings. SOmetimes I just use the oil though.

I do not believe that being blended for 10 seconds and gulped down immediately is going to affect the stuff. If anything it emulsifies it which is good. Even the label on Barlean's brand (the most respected and biggest brand) says it's good to blend it into shakes.

My conclusion:

Try putting half a banana in your shake. There is something about the taste of a banana that "goes" with flax. I have tried other fruits (even peach--ugh!) and bananas always do the trick. You only need half of one to mask 2 TBsps of flax.

Another thing that I do is I dribble it on my sushi or other food that I eat. That way the amount I eat in each bite is pretty minimal and the flavor is pretty well masked.

JC

Don't be pussies. Just drink it. Sometimes I make it into a salad dressing with a little vinegar. Put it in tuna with dijon mustard and celery. The only worry I have with blending it with shakes is that it slows the absorption of protein.

You guys must be using some really nasty flax, because the stuff I have isn't that bad. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't taste great, but its no worse then say tuna. I just drink it from the bottle. Goes down easy, and tastes like oil.

Found a perfect way to take the oil

Get a tall shot glass. wet it (keeps the oil from sticking to the sides). Add the oil.

Fill shot glass with grapefruit juice.

Shoot it. If necessary chase with another shot or juice.

Voila! Hardly any taste AND the grapefruit juice helps absorption!!!

JC

I mix a scoop of protein powder with just enough water to make a pudding consistency - then I add in a tablespoon of flax. I can barely notice the oil at all. Give 'er a bang.

Top Bottom