Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how often should you do cardio?

BlackHanzo

At the moment im trying to lose the gut but get that lean muscle figure, get big aswell and running 3times 4times a week, is this alright?

I just do cardio on the days i don't lift, which is tues, and thurs... sometimes saturday but only when i can force myself to.

What days are you lifting? whats your program like?

At the moment im trying to lose the gut but get that lean muscle figure, get big aswell and running 3times 4times a week, is this alright?

You'll need to figure out what your BMR is...If you want to cut you'll need to take in a set amount of calories below the calories you burn in a day...You won't be able to pack on muscle when you're in a caloric deficit though....It's either maintaining and cutting or bulking and gaining muscle to sum it up in the easiest way.

I just do cardio on the days i don't lift, which is tues, and thurs... sometimes saturday but only when i can force myself to.

What days are you lifting? whats your program like?

I run on a empty stomach in the morning on tuesdays,Wednesdays and thursdays
I do weights Mondays Tuesdays Wednesday Thursdays and rest friday saturday and sunday
is that good?

it depends on your goals. if fat loss is your first priority i would do cardio as many days as you can. if muscle gain is your priority i would limit cardio.

I don't think it's a good idea for big guys to run; lots of stress on the joints which we have already get from lifting.

I don't think it's a good idea for big guys to run; lots of stress on the joints which we have already get from lifting.

exactly. plus running exerts a higher cortisol response because the body releases cortisol to help relieve the stress put on joints.

I run on a empty stomach in the morning on tuesdays,Wednesdays and thursdays
I do weights Mondays Tuesdays Wednesday Thursdays and rest friday saturday and sunday
is that good?

I'm honestly a believer in cardio i think its good for you all around, and i believe it reflects back on weight lifting, but thats just me. And yeah that sounds alright to me, but be warned, if you're running in the morning without eating any meals, you're going to be burning muscle for energy, not fat. ESPECIALLY first thing in the morning. they call it breakfast, because its your first meal, and your body is still burning calories at an accelerated rate (fast) in the morning, so that first meal BREAKS your fast, so you stop losing precious muscle tissue for energy. and most the calorie burning takes place a couple hours after your cardio session, not during. Just make sure you're not starving yourself while you're doing your cardio, or any workout for that matter, and you should be alright.

I'm honestly a believer in cardio i think its good for you all around, and i believe it reflects back on weight lifting, but thats just me. And yeah that sounds alright to me, but be warned, if you're running in the morning without eating any meals, you're going to be burning muscle for energy, not fat. ESPECIALLY first thing in the morning. they call it breakfast, because its your first meal, and your body is still burning calories at an accelerated rate (fast) in the morning, so that first meal BREAKS your fast, so you stop losing precious muscle tissue for energy. and most the calorie burning takes place a couple hours after your cardio session, not during. Just make sure you're not starving yourself while you're doing your cardio, or any workout for that matter, and you should be alright.

cool, yeah my goals too put on muscle and lose this belly fat i got, im running in the mornings but also eating 6meals a day, good proteins and carbs and fats, not running everyday but i think a decent amount a week to get me losing fat aswell as doing weights 4times a week, sometimes 5

Top Bottom