Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how much mass can you really put on per week (...without drugs or creatine, etc.)?

abrocketsfan

I have heard so many varying responses, so I want to ask the experts: you guys.

I've been eating about 3100-3200 calories per day , which is about 22-23 times my body weight. I have 12% bf, and i do jog 2 miles 2 or 3 times a week, not to mention i play basketball on my non-workout days

this big guy tells me I can eat like 4500-5000 calories and not worry about gaining weight. I mentioned to him that I have a normal metablism, nothing special, yet he insists that working out for 4 days a week and playing bball will make sure I don't get fat.

Then, you hear that eating too much while bulking i.e more than 25 times your weight will result in a decent level of fat gain

I don't eat much sugar, I get a lot of protein (twice my lean weight) and i eat healthy crap all they long. Considering I just increase the amount of healthy stuff i'm eating, will I just gain mmore lean mass or am I just setting myself up for more fat than I want?

ps. the guy gave me a training routine and told me that in 12 weeks i should put on 20-25 pounds if i eat that much, with most of it being mass. HE SAYS HE DID IT..

Who should I believe.. My conscioous or this guy's diet guidelines?

Also , I know he's not a clown because his training routine is topnotch and well-thought out, and everybody who knows him says he used to be huge until he got injured and stopped completely.

20-25 pounds in 12 weeks! hell no, well maybe with steroids:rolleyes: i think that you are doing fine; you cant force yourself to grow, its a slow process, eating way over your bmr will only make you gain 20-35lbs of FAT! and nobody wants that, as long as your getting stronger and bigger, theres no reaon to change anything; start questioning your diet rest and training regime, if your progress ever comes to a hault; otherwise keep doing what your doing.

I thought we had agreed on 3500 rather than 3000 due to your cardio? I forget...

Anyway, expect 1lb per week. More than that, you're gaining too much fat. There aint no telling how much or how little - it's all individual genetics once you have the diet and training in check. But more than 1lbs after the first week, it's fat. During the first week, youll gain more (water).

Well According to the Gunness book of world records Jon Minnoch gained 196 pounds in seven days. Although most of his gains were most likely not muscle:D

abrocketsfan said:
ps. the guy gave me a training routine and told me that in 12 weeks i should put on 20-25 pounds if i eat that much, with most of it being mass.

Everyone's body is different. Newbies will make quick gains. I was a couch potato at 180lbs and 20% bf. In three weeks of a lifting and cardio (3x per week/each) I'm at 175lbs and 15% bf. A lean gain of about 7 lbs in just 3 weeks.

Will I gain 20lbs in 12 weeks? Probably. You're already an athlete so it won't be so easy for you.

I was reading a natural bodybuilding magazine online...forget where it was. They thought that 20lbs per year was excellent. That's what I'm shooting for.

abrocketsfan said:
ps. the guy gave me a training routine and told me that in 12 weeks i should put on 20-25 pounds if i eat that much, with most of it being mass.

I think he meant MASSES of adipose tissue. Blood is correct - genetics is the key as long as training is hard. Personally, I focus on HIT techniques to achieve my full genetic potential (unfortunately, I don't have the right DNA but very few of us do). And on that same topic, its sooooo important not to overtrain - its a true showstopper.

Top Bottom