Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How many of you use/used insulin & why?

Have you used insulin?

• Yes

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • No

Votes: 20 87.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mavafanculo said:
not true. overdo the carbs (which many do in order to avoid the risk of hypoglycemic coma, or because of miscalculation) and the excess will be stored as fat.

Yes, and go to low on the carbs and wind up cold sweaty and out like a light.
Go to long is this state and die.

I am not saying that it cant be used and be benificial. I am saying that 99% of people do not know how to use it and the dangers out weigh the benifits.

My 2 cents

8and20 said:
Please elaborate more. I want to hear this kind of stuff.

At least three times a week, I see diabetics that take their insulin and either do not eat or eat to late. They start off acting drunk, then into a altered mental status, then uncon. Then its an IV and some sugar to get them back. I have even seen people pass out behind the wheel.
Some may argue that a normal persons blood sugar will not get low enough to go out BUT if the insulin dose is to large and enough carbs are not consumed it can have the same effect.

bigpimpin25 said:
i have used it 4 days a week for 6 weeks pwo. 10i.u. with some simple carbs and a protein shake . used the humalog insulin pen.
worked good

Are you a pro competing bodybuilder?

yourmomgoestocollege said:
I don't think you are correct about walking into a pharmacy and getting Humulin-R. At least I don't think you can do that here in Michigan.

The only state requiring a Rx for regular (R) insulin is Alaska; however, all insulin analogues require a Rx in all states. Without going into my wife's background, she says she sees it all the time

<edit>
Humulin R: Manufacturer/Pricing

Manufacturer: Eli Lilly and Co.
DEA/FDA: OTC
Approximate Retail Price
solution:
* 100 unit/ml (1 vial, 10 ml): $46.25
solution:
* 500 unit/ml (1 vial, 20 ml): $217.61

I got this from epocrates, which many doctors and nurses use to look up medication information.
https://online.epocrates.com/u/10a1716/Humulin+R

Last edited:
PuddleMonkey said:
Interesting (incorrect) theory!

Incorrect at what point?

throwing down 300 extra grams of carbs... well yah, but it is not a difficult formula to calculate... just like in your normal diet...

Excess is excess true enough, but like I said, it wont just magically make you fat...

PROPER carb/protein intake, and no fat, means you dont get fat, easy enough

but pharmacies can regulate themselves and hold a higher standard than the state with such things as syringes and insulin. though it may not be required by state law a pharmacy can require it to protect themselves.

mephisto250 said:
The only state requiring a Rx for regular (R) insulin is Alaska; however, all insulin analogues require a Rx in all states. Without going into my wife's background, she says she sees it all the time

<edit>
Humulin R: Manufacturer/Pricing

Manufacturer: Eli Lilly and Co.
DEA/FDA: OTC
Approximate Retail Price
solution:
* 100 unit/ml (1 vial, 10 ml): $46.25
solution:
* 500 unit/ml (1 vial, 20 ml): $217.61

I got this from epocrates, which many doctors and nurses use to look up medication information.
https://online.epocrates.com/u/10a1716/Humulin+R

8and20 said:
but pharmacies can regulate themselves and hold a higher standard than the state with such things as syringes and insulin. though it may not be required by state law a pharmacy can require it to protect themselves.

That, my friend, is very true. This is especially true when it comes to pins, and many of the states that allow for unfettered hum-R sales do not allow slin pin sales. I also take for granted that not everybody lives in a large city with 1000 pharmacies available to "shop."

If you do try, maybe you could make yourself look a little more "diabetic" ;)

I have a fresh bottle of hum-R, but I'm too chicken to do it.

i could get it if i want. i just dont want. this was merely for 1st hand experience from people in the trenches and not in the labs. this has become very informative.

mephisto250 said:
That, my friend, is very true. This is especially true when it comes to pins, and many of the states that allow for unfettered hum-R sales do not allow slin pin sales. I also take for granted that not everybody lives in a large city with 1000 pharmacies available to "shop."

If you do try, maybe you could make yourself look a little more "diabetic" ;)

I have a fresh bottle of hum-R, but I'm too chicken to do it.

8and20 said:

Over here you can basically walk into a pharmacy and tell them that your diabetic and have no insulin and 90% of the time they will give it to you.. but they wont give you humalog only the humalin-r or an even longer acting one.

From what i have heard the best protocol is to use a 3day on 3 off then repeat because your body becomes so full of glucogen after a couple of days using so I been told this works well.

Also i am interested how many of iu's (equivalent) of insulin you can produce naturally by spiking with high gi carbs(WAXY, DEXTROSE)? that would be interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom