Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How many Marines on this board?

GearCowboy

I've noticed a lot of names or pictures of Marines. I'm enlisting next summer and I'd like to talk to some of you guys about gym facilities and running cycles while at the base... Thanks

Semper FI

I am a former Marine. Was an 0311 grunt at first, then went to Ati-terrorism and gun school in VA and then on to Fast Company, finished up my last 6 months of duty in Yorktown, VA guarding Nuclear Weapons Depot. The facilities to workout were ok. I found that mostly Naval Bases had the real nice stuff. But I didn't workout much. The Corps will keep you in shape. We ran EVERY morning, humped 30 miles full gear all the time, lots of pull-ups, pushups, sit-ups etc.. I spent what time I wasn't in the field or training - chasing ass, drinking etc... but I loved it!
Email me if you have any Questions.
[email protected]

Semper Fi Bro!

Last edited:
Re: Semper FI

brian64 said:
humped 30 miles full gear all the time, [/email]

Semper Fi Bro!

30 miles?? that must have been with fast company.. cause the longest we humped was 25 and that was for the MCREE which we only did every 2 years. anywho.. i was w/ 3rd mardiv - y tu?

btw.. it does fucking suck ass to workout if you're with the infantry.. between the field, humps, and cardio 4-5 days a week in garrison.. if you do workout - you end up overtraining and getting absolutely shit for muscle gains.

well.... i didn't go through mct as i wasn't really a marine.. i was a senior corpsman for a line company for two years beforing moving to h&s..

but really... when you're with an infantry unit you do the mcree hump (24miles in 8 hours) every two years...

are you sure you were 0311...?

Why wouldn't I be sure. 0311 rifleman.
The corpsman I knew were pretty hardcore they went through just about everything we did. My origianl MOS was Security forces but you had to go to MCT & then School of infanty before going on both at Camp Pendelton. My last 6 months was with Marine Corps Second Fleet Anti-Terrorism Security Team in Yorktown, Va.

Last edited:
I have been out for 4 years now. I would not trade my time in the Corps for anything. I was 0311 ground pounder! I did 2 years at Camp Lejune, NC. During that time I went to Cali. for CAX (Combined Arms Exercise) for 2 months, did a 6 month Mediterrainian float (1 month of that was in Bosnia), 3 month tour in Panama. I wa then transferred to 8th & I, Marine Barracks Washington D.C., where I joined the one and only USMC Silent Drill Team. I was the only one on the Team with more than 2 medals and I was the most senior except for the platoon Sgt. USMC Blues are the best looking uniform in the armed forces, but the Blues coat w/ the white pants were the $hit!!

As for the working out part... you may as well hang up the weight belt if you are going into the infantry.

Base Gyms and Juicin'

Cowboy, I got out of the Marine Corps in Jan of this year. I spent two and a half years in Pendleton and one in Okinawa. In my opinion, Camp Pendleton is the place to be. 33 area gym is THE shit, atleast when I was there. And you're an hour and a half from Mexico. My friend and I juiced when we were there. I remember taking my reforvit bottle to work every day for a month. The Pendleton commisary kicks ass too.

1991 - 1996. Dont laugh to fucking hard but I was 0131 Admin Air Winger for an EA6B Prowler Squadron VMAQ-4. BUT I did do alot of field training and had a chance to see the world. 5 countries in 5 years. The Best place I seen by far Was the Land Down Under. Darwin Austraila! I was single at the time and met lots of real nice women. Some of the Best friends Ive ever met came from the Corps and I would do it all again. Cherry Point Weight room sucked badly. Way to small. Plus everytime you turn round you are packing to go somewhere. But if you get stuck on boat there is no better place to lift. nothing to do but clean weapons and lift and eat. Any more questions feel free to pm me. later.

Top Bottom