Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How many grams of carbs do I need to bulk

prospecial

When you are bulking your carb intake changes depending on the weight of the person?
most of the people I ask say you need 2 grams of protein per pound of body weight, but does it apply to carbs?
the same for a guy who weights 160 lbs and a guy who weights 185? I'm a skinny guy so how much carbs do I need a day on a bulking process?

Here is a great video for you to watch where I explain how to calculate your protein, carb, fat and calorie needs whether your goal is to bulk or cut -> http://www.evolutionary.org/forums/...s/nutrition-101-carbs-proteins-fat-46427.html

A rough estimate to determine how many calories you need is to multiply your body weight (in pounds) by 15. That will give you the amount of calories needed to maintain your current body weight. If your goal is to gain weight, multiply your body weight by 17-18. If your goal is to loose weigh, multiply your body weight by 12-13.
For example, a 200 pound person would need 3000 calories to maintain his weight (200 x 15 = 3000).

Once you have determined your calorie needs. Set your protein intake. A good number to shoot for is:
1-1.5 grams of protein/pound of body weight for natural athletes
1.5-2grams of protein/pound of body weight for enhance athletes

Once you have set your protein intake, fill the rest of your calorie intake with carbohydrates and fat.

everyone is so scared of carbs it is ridiculous. and then you have others who eat a very carb heavy diet who wonder why they are fat

I am a big fan of carb cycling. on heavy exercise days you simply raise your carbs for fuel, on low exercise days you drop it.

a lot of skinny guys like you simply do not eat enough.. musky gave you a very good outline but realize if you work a labor job you are going to burn more calories. a construction worker vs. an accountant will need 1200 more calories all things being equal. that is why construction workers you see are skinny and accountants all have guts.

Carbs work depending on your metabolism and activity level, so I wouldnt say it really applies in the same manner

I would use a TDEE calculator and figure out how many calories you need to eat in total to gain mass. I would then apply that to a 40:40:20 macronutrient ratio. Protein and Carbs would each be 40% of your calories while fat would be the other 20%.

The key though is consistency. You need to be doing this every single day.

This was published a couple of days ago dude. I think it answers your question and then some: https://myoleanfitness.com/how-to-build-muscle-a-science-based-guide-part-2-nutrition/

Cliffs: don't worry about exactly "how many carbs" you need. Eat a surplus of calories (around 200-300 above TDEE), sufficient protein (around 1g per lb of lbm) and then just eat carbs and fats to fill out the remainder of your calories. Around 30% of total calories from fats is a, generally, good approach.

Apart from what has been mentioned by @muskate and the others, you need to keep in mind that everyone is different, so you need to do some error and trial - find your baseline, and go increasing the protein little by little.

Top Bottom