Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How many calories should i be taking in each day

Bluecrew12

I just read some stuff about taking in too few calories. I am 5'11" an 185 lbs. I have been working out for about 2 months and i lift every other day both legs and back, arms, etc. I am a novice and could use a ton of help. I drink a slim fast for breakfast and for lunch and have a regular dinner. I also take 3 to 4 ripped fuel capsules. I run 2.5 to 6.2 miles 5 days a week. Can anyone tell me how many calories i need to take in to burn fat and cut but i dont want to take so few that I stop burning all together. plus when running while using ripped fuel my heart rate can get to 180. how dangerous is this???

Whoa....

if this ain't a joke, STOP IT ALL NOW !

*sigh* here goes bro

1) throw the slim fast out the window, or give it to someone in the butt - but whatever you do, get rid of it. it's worthless.

2) To be technical, you need to find your BMR. Your bmr= basal metabolic rate, and this is the amount of calories you need daily when at rest. The amount you burn considering your daily activities is your AMR. So say yours is x cals. If you eat x cals, you will maintain your bodyfat percentage. If you eat less, you reduce it. You eat more, you add to it. To cut the fat, it is recommended to eat 500 less than your AMR. (AMR-500cals). More than that, you will end up losing more muscle than you already are.

3) You are doing too much cardio. Your body will burn up the muscle rather than burn fat, because you are definetely in starvation mode.
a) you eat WAY too little.
b) 1 hr of MORNING cardio on an empty stomach is best, eat 1hr after that. You may add 45 mins of cardio on non training days later on in the day, or 20 mins of cardio AFTER training on training days. In this case, eat immediately after this.
c) I can tell you right now that you will lose muscle because you have practically no protein. You need to shoot for AT LEAST 1g/lb of bodweight.
So you should eat185g at the very least, split into 6 meals (eat every 2-3hrs).

PHEW....please, someone take it on from here.
Basically, stop now, and learn how to do it before you hurt your physique.
Or Bluecrew, do a search.
BTW< when running, it's never necessary (bodybuilding) to go above an 80% of your maximal heart rate.

Your MHR is 220 minus your age.

my recommendations

1) get someone on here to design a meal plan for you (diet board).

2) get someone over at the trianing board to design you a training split

3) SEARCH using the search function and read and read and read until you learn properly. Right now, if you continue, you won't get anywhere. Please, seriously, stop before anything happens.
**Slim fast, for breakfast and lunch? How many cals does a little can have? 80 cals?

If it is that low, you are in a dangerous ethiopian style (Sorry) cutting regime - good for getting "ripped to the bone" as they say.

WOW! Thanks a lot, i do have a lot to learn i will admit that. its just so hard to know how to eat right when i never have. what would you recomend for cardio? i hate the way i look and all i want to do is feel good about myself. i am now aware that i can hurt myself but i really have tried to research this stuff and everyone has different info. Im not doing this to be a body builder i am doing this to be in perfect shape and have a very cut body. If anyone has a diet that they think would benifit me it would be welcomed.

Do a search. there are 1,00s of good posts archived. There are a number of good ways to eat--CKD, straight ketonic, anabolic, isocaloric....

Not to throw cold water on you, but nobodys going to take the time to give you a ready made meal plan if you can't take the time to search.

Top Bottom