Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How healthy is sushi?

^^^ the cheaper sushi restaurants will use soybean oil cause its cheap. kinda like how cereal makers put high fructose corn syrup to sweeten up their products.

if you find an authentic sushi place (good luck) they won't use soybean oil. people don't care about it, they just want to go out to the cheapest place that has the best food.

hydrogenated oils, soybean oils, high fructose corn syrup must be avoided.

Ah aight then well thanks man ill keep this in mind, and go ahead and start doing my own. This might help get that lil extra off that i might need. We do have very differ shushi rests around here and i usually just stick to one place for the 2 facts that the portions and quality are top knotch. I will ask them next time i go in if they add the bs.

Salmon/Spicy tuna sashimi over brown rice and seaweed on the side with sashimi on top = HEAVEN!.

But the question at hand is about sushi so i will stop and say if you are watching carb intake to avoid it unless you are just eating it raw without rice.

Well, I don't think sushi is bad for your health but it depends upon how you make it and what ingredients you are using to make it.

i dig the seared ahi tuna at outback.... i dont care if that stuff will send you to hell, it's heaven in my mouth :D

Sushi is great I love it myself but I do know it's not as healthy as some people think. There is sugar added to the sticky rice and mayo added to the crab mix in or on some rolls. Also some sauces they use have mayo and/or soy sauce in it. I learned how to make traditional sushi and Americanized sushi, traditional is better for you but the white rice and sugar is a down fall if you're on a strict diet. I've come to terms that sushi is a cheat meal but a better choice out of the cheat meals. Such as a bacon cheese burger or a pasta dish covered in cheese and Alfredo sauce. Since you make it yourself you can regulate what goes in the roll and make it as healthy or unhealthy as you want but that's what's nice about making your own food. You know what's in it!

Sushi can be healthy or not depending on the ingredients that were used in preparing them. Must avoid too much oil and sugar. You can always ask the ingredients to the person in-charged if you are going to eat out in a restaurants.

Top Bottom