Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How fast should you drink protein shakes

Mr Kryptonite said:
It really doesn't matter - but it's true your body can't digest more than 30 grams at a time. So I take 25 grams immediately after my workout and another 25 grams about 2 hours later. Best of Luck to you!!

This is completely fictitious and scientifically unfounded. There is no legitamate research proving this. Every human body has different assimilation abilities. There is no solid base to make a statement like this. It is my experience the body can gigest far more than 30g per meal. The main idea, however, is that no digestive system is the same and no two peoples protein synthyses capabilities are the same. 30g is not much protein at all. If we were only able to process 30g at a time we would have had sever starvation issues in the time of evolving humans.

Taking 5 meals at day with much protein works great.

I think it is bullshit that you cant take protein more than 25mg in hour!

I dont care for GNC to much but their whey protein
in the 5lb jug, the choclet flavor is great man it taste like quick man, nice and sweet i can drink that shit all day long love it, dont tough the vanilla or strawberry they are shit!:D :D :D :D

I posted this after corresponding with Guy Grundy, when he was on a while back (I guess it was really him), and he says he takes in 60g each serving. He is a pro and weighs a lot more which corresponds with what anabolic24/7 was saying. I usually shoot for 40-50 per serving.. GULPED DOWN :D

Each person has a different rate of absorption. The only way to really find out yours is to get a urine or blood test (I'm not sure which) to see what your rate is. Many of the more successful in this sport have a very high absorption rate.

I take it strait from the blender....but for slow absorption you want a protein supplement with caesine in it....it allows you to slowly digest the protein so you can absorb all of it instead of just a little bit.

i dont beleive in 25 g an hour, then how would greg kovacs be so big then, he says he takes in over 1000 a day. It seams like he assimilates pretty good. I think it is just getting your body used to taking in more and how active you are. If you lift heavy then you will need more. If your not very active then some will go to fat storage bc there is no use for it. You can take in as much as you want as long as you taper up with it , it is just like increasing anything else. i take three shakes a day plus eat like a madman, but i lift heavy and am active, i am getting leaner while i am putting on serious pounds.my shakes are 100grams each, 3 scoops of whey 25 g ascoop , 2 scoops of evaporated milk and 16 oz of skim milk. I am a gulper also. You must EAT BIG TO GET BIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom