Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How do you increase free vs bound testosterone?

"The idea of DIM acting like yohimbine in blocking the estrogen receptors in fat cells is new to me, it's possible though, has anyone else heard of this?
The only thing I have heard about it, other than that it causes the release proteing bound test, is that it metabolizes carcinogenic estrogens and fat causing estrogens converting them to a more friendly estrogen"

This idea comes from the idea that DIM increases the conversion of estradiol into 2-hydroxyestrogens, which have a higher binding affinity for SHBG. Theoretically, there may be some displacement of testosterone from the SHBG if this occurs. I have not seen any studies confirming this, though. It is not impossible, I simply have not found the references.

Also, 2-hydroxyestrogens are potentially thermogenic (weakly, though), because they are MAO or COMT inhibitors, so they can increase the levels of norepi and other neurotransmitters.

Sterone said:
Intramuscular,
Free test is the only test that can get you big. A testosterone molecule has to be free (cannot be protein bound) in order to bind with the receptor sites on the muscles.

Is the free vs. bound testosterone issue an issue of building muscle vs. not building muscle or one of building muscle with a corresponding signifcant increase in size vs. building muscle with a size increase that doesn't seem to correspond to the amount of lbm added?

I've always wondered about how some guys of similar height and build will both add X amount of lean body mass, but one looks significantly bigger and more muscular while the other does not. Is this what we're talking about? Or would that situation just indicate more significant gains in less conspicuous muscle groups such as the psoas, soleus, and spinal erector muscles in the case of the latter person mentioned?

Did anyone end up trying the Dim? Also there is a company selling their version called Vyo Dim by Vyo Tech. Has anyone had any feedback (good or bad) using this?

Twisted Steel

Well I'll be damned! Twisted Steel replied to this thread. For those of you who don't know, he is one of the most articulate, gentlemanly brothers ever to grace this board. Dropped out of the game for personal reasons that I highly respect.
And, of course, I agree with his response completely. IGF-1 is said to aid in this as well.
TS......235lbs! Life is good, eh.

avena sativa [wild oats]

there are some claims that avena sativa [ wild oats ] got its fame by freeing test not increasing it , thats where the saying [sowing your wild oats ] came from:mix:

One interesting side effect of Aromasin (best antiestrogen) is that it decreases sex hormone binding globulin--ergo more free Test.

cockdezl said:
I can find no research supporting the ideas that either DIM or isoflavones can increase testosterone levels through protein displacement.

That's because they don't.

but is DIM good for reducing bad estrogen/estrodial?..I'm gonna buy your book soon

Top Bottom