Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How do I make tastier rice???

if u wanna make good indian style rice here's how my mum taught me to make it

What you do is soak the rice over ngith if it's brown to soften it then when you're cooking it add salt to taste and a few sticks of cinamon and some cumin seeds

you can also make pilau rice by adding peas to the above. Restaurants add butter but that's not a good idea for us guys watching our bodies ;)

Onions taste good too
try adding low sodium stock or broth too :)

You can always add low sodium beef, chicken or vegetable broth to your rice when you cook it. Once cooked I also like to add stewed tomatoes and onions.

If you can afford it, add saffron. If not, add tumeric. Otherwise cook it with broth instead of water. Add spices -- the myriad of flavors Mrs Dash have are very good.

jenscats5 said:
If you can afford it, add saffron. If not, add tumeric. Otherwise cook it with broth instead of water. Add spices -- the myriad of flavors Mrs Dash have are very good.

very good advice. i usually add the powder bovril. another thing i do is add a can of campbells veg soup without adding the water.

thanks!!
you've all been very helpful.
Let's see know, where to begin...

MuscleKSU:

splenda, sugar free syrup, soy milk and cinnamon. how and how much for a cup or 2 cups of rice?

man you hit on one of my fav foods
and i have many seasoning favs
* saffron, red onions, cinnamon stix, bay leaf, cloves and chilis
* garlic carmelized in peanut oil, fresh basil and coconut milk
*sauteed garlic, ginger and green onions finish with soy
*curry powder, dried apricots, ground lamb, onions, cumin and coriander (seed), pinenuts
*onions, green and red peppers, cumin, and tomatoes
*while cooking add a nice piece of salmon and some seaweed towards the last 15 minutes of cooking
*japanese add bonito flakes ( a type of dried shaved tuna)
also had where the added a whole cleaned crab to the pot and the entire thing tasted of crab....YUM!
*try fried rice...plain or with curry
love jasmine rice...perfumed and tender
basmati is nice and nutty but chewy
but not as chewy as brown rice
wild rice is awesome but actually a grass seed
now having adding my two cents worth i wish it was sunday (my carb up day)lol :fro:

Top Bottom