Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How Do Homosexuals Feel About Homophobes?

ttlpkg said:
Putting sexual orientation on the books would mean that as a landlord I would perhaps have to rent my property to a pedophile or some other undesireable.

WHAT??? Please explain how protecting people because of their sexual orientation has anything to do with endorsing the molestation of minors.

musclebrains said:

There are no laws except local ones. You are simply wrong. I repeat my question: Why would local statutes be enacted if there was a general protection?

LOL!!! I was right, you didn't reply on purpose and you still didn't reply to my other points..... admitt it, you are wrong.

Oh, and the great thing about 'Local' laws is, that where ever you go, there is a "local" community and local laws......

Name ONE place in the USA where it is "locally legal" for a LL to evict someone for being gay. ....... I didn't think so!

ttlpkg said:

Can you please address my statement that I feel you are as blind and as closed-minded as you accuse me of being. You feel your positions are correct, period. As a result you see me as closed minded. The fact that you consider the spread and acceptance of homosexuality social progress while I consider it social decay is an example.

You attack my style of reasoning as if you were an authority, when in fact you just don't agree with me. That is condescending and frankly arrogant.

OH MY GOD!

"You feel your positions are correct, period." WRONG! Unlike you I don't say something is just true. Period. I actually give credible consistent evidence for it.

"The fact that you consider the spread and acceptance of homosexuality social progress while I consider it social decay is an example."

Good for you. I suspect the KKK think equality for blacks is social decay too.

"You attack my style of reasoning as if you were an authority, when in fact you just don't agree with me. That is condescending and frankly arrogant."

If I don't agree with you I say WHY, and offer evidence not assertion and inconsistency. You seem to be endorsing the Osama Bin Laden style of reasoning here: Americans just don't agree with him so therefore they are "condescending and arrogant".

GinNJuice said:

LOL!!! I was right, you didn't reply on purpose and you still didn't reply to my other points..... admitt it, you are wrong.

Oh, and the great thing about 'Local' laws is, that where ever you go, there is a "local" community and local laws......

Name ONE place in the USA where it is "locally legal" for a LL to evict someone for being gay. ....... I didn't think so!

It is legal anywhere that a landlord reserves the right to terminate a lease with a certan period of notice.

You show me where there's any general law that makes it illegal to discriminate in housing on the basis of sexual orientation. I'm waiting.

HansNZ said:

I am ridiculous?

When you do find yourself in a corner you then say something like "that is only the case because whoever/whatever is working from an agenda. I mean ANYONE can "win" an argument that way.

Like I have said before, debating with you is pointless.

I've never felt like I was in a corner with you Hans, in fact I consider you to be easy pickings. I have never resorted to those tactics you portrayed.

As far as my other point, it is quite easy to see how a pedophile would consider and argue that having sex with minors is a form of sexual orientation.

HansNZ said:

1) OH MY GOD!

2) Good for you. I suspect the KKK think equality for blacks is social decay too.

3) If I don't agree with you I say WHY, and offer evidence not assertion and inconsistency.

1) Why do you refer to God since you consider the Bible an non-credible source?

2) I suspect you're right, but they are clearly wrong. (Is that an assertion?)

3) What you consider evidence is not necessarily so. Many times it is merely the opinion of someone published who happens to think like you. Checking my posts you will find that I have offered plenty of similar evidence which just as in your case, reflect my assertions.

musclebrains said:

It is legal anywhere that a landlord reserves the right to terminate a lease with a certan period of notice.

You show me where there's any general law that makes it illegal to discriminate in housing on the basis of sexual orientation. I'm waiting.

FYI a lease is basically a contract. Both parties have to agree to the contract and sign it. If one party puts a contengency in there for cancelling the contract, then the other party has to agree to in writing (signature).

all leases have a "period of notice" clause. For example, If you live in my apartment building and have a 1-yr lease, then if I want you out I have to wait until the end of the lease, minus the notice period to inform you of that and get you out. So, if that periord is 30 days, then I have to inform you at least 11-months into the contract that I intend on terminating the lease at the end....... otherwise it automatically gets renewed to either another 1-yr lease or a Month-to-month. If it does automatically renew then I have to wait until the end of THAT period and then terminate, assuming I gave ample notice.

Look at ANY US local housing law!

HansNZ, you are wasting your time with this person. To equate pedophiles is nonsense, since straight people molest children too.

Pick and choose your debates with those who are a little more flexible with their thinking.

Top Bottom