Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How about the gay marriage bans!?!?!

Kroliczek said:
Being gay is genetic....Since you cannot make a gay man straight, why deny gays (who already go through so much confusion and turmoil already) the right to live their lives as every other couple does.
Disagree. Some gays can be cured as *I* believe that some chose that way.

EnderJE said:

First off, being gay is not a disease.

Sure, some choose to go the gay route, but if you look or analyse the ratios of *cured* as you say gay men or women to not, you will see that the *uncured* portion remain *uncured*.

EnderJE said:

On this we agree calculon. But good luck in getting any appreciable sp ammount of gay people to actually want to change or seek treatment. Noone wants to be told they're sick. It's also PC to not show cured gay people on TV speaking about it.

GREGORY said:
I am refering to the general reasoning you display in most of your responses on this thread. nuff said. Noone wins an argument. This is not a debate but an argument and a pointless one at that. Marriage is not for gays. Find another institution and name it what you want, but not marriage, make it legal and what not but leave our religion out of it. Tis the jist of it.
The part I don't get is where you say that marriage should be off limits to gays. People have presented arguments (can't have babies, etC) and I've said fine, under those rules, then other groups get disallowed as well (sterile, etc).

So, the question remain, why do you believe that way? What makes marriage so special? Intimacy? Bullshit. Gays can be intimate. Children? Fine, then we'll ban marriage for childless couples too. To keep it pure? Fine, then we'll ban divorce.

Why is it special?

superdave said:
Yes.
This election has proven is grand fashion the solidification of conservatism as the dominant ideology of America.
You have got to be kidding. Did you SEE how close the race was? As it was, Bush couldn't have gotten the 270 electoral votes he needed, forcing it to go to congress. The election just proved how balanced things are overall.

EnderJE said:
The part I don't get is where you say that marriage should be off limits to gays. People have presented arguments (can't have babies, etC) and I've said fine, under those rules, then other groups get disallowed as well (sterile, etc).

So, the question remain, why do you believe that way? What makes marriage so special? Intimacy? Bullshit. Gays can be intimate. Children? Fine, then we'll ban marriage for childless couples too. To keep it pure? Fine, then we'll ban divorce.

Why is it special?

I layed it out several time in my posts. It's a heterosexual institution and that's that. Why are gays so bent on calling their unions marriages? Why can't they call them civil unions and have all the "spouse" legalities taken care of? Because it's not enough, they really want that title as well. Ask yourself why?

Kroliczek said:
I didn't say that it was a disease. I just said that I thought some could be cured. Its sort of like ADD and obesity. I think some of them are genetic and some are chosen paths.

The ones that chose that way can chose another way when given the right desire.

Sure, some choose to go the gay route, but if you look or analyse the ratios of *cured* as you say gay men or women to not, you will see that the *uncured* portion remain *uncured*.
True, I said SOME not ALL. Just like some who are *cured* are really back in the closet...

Kroliczek said:

It's a mental disorder just like obesity. Fat people don't want to hear it though. They want to be accomodated and accepted and if it wasn't life threatening they would not seek treatment. See any parallels?

You can't be "cured" of homosexuality. You can ignore it, sure, why not spend your entire life pretending to be something you aren't. How fun. And until you are gay you can't very well say that it's a job for a shrink can you? How the hell would know? I too have had this hit very close to home and refuse to believe that the ignorance of a few makes them right.

GREGORY said:
It's a mental disorder just like obesity. Fat people don't want to hear it though. They want to be accomodated and accepted and if it wasn't life threatening they would not seek treatment. See any parallels?
Can you referrence studies showing both of those are mental disorders?

Top Bottom