Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

House alarms

chewyxrage said:
GL what was the total cost for a system such as yours?

I'm sorry, I don't know. Seriously no clue. I installed it myself wired the whole house with electric myself. I also got the supplies from my former boss who is an Electrical Contractor. I got may supplies from him and he just charged me cost for them. They were all bundled together so I couldn't even tell you how much the materials for just the alarm was.

There are companies that do it for "Free" but you need to get their monthly monitering. Be careful of the "free" installation because it's pretty bare bones. Of course you could pay more for additional keypads and sensors etc... I'm sure.

Also, if your house is already built, it is harder to run the wires of course and would be more money. Building or remodeling and wiring is much easier and cheaper.

I have 5 keypads. The "Free" installs may give you one or max two. I'm sure there aren't too many zones windows doors either.

IMO If you don't want the "Free" install, go with a regular alarm contractor first and see what their prices are. They may be cheaper than the nation chain alarm companies.

or if you're really handy, you could do it yourself. It's small wire like phone cable. Actually smaller than that. Then just get a monitoring service or someone to hook it up for you when you're done running the cables.

Top Bottom