Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

House alarms

Angel said:
I would feel a little more secure if I were living in a close knit neighborhood. Like I do now. We have never had a break in before.....If it was dark and the houses were more apart I most likely would get a system

Everyone says that until they get robbed. I didn't even set the alarm when I went out. All my neighbors are cool. It just happened.

I would say the same thing after 37 years as of last year, BUT.... it happenend to me this ONCE last year and it's changed me forever.

It doesn't happen until it happens.

Unless you have glass break sensors on the windows, most alarms are mounted on the window/door frame and the alram won't go off if the window glass is smashed and the frame not moved. Agree that the door chime is nice as a way of knowing that someone has opened a door somewhere for a number of reasons.

Y_lifter said:
Unless you have glass break sensors on the windows, most alarms are mounted on the window/door frame and the alram won't go off if the window glass is smashed and the frame not moved. Agree that the door chime is nice as a way of knowing that someone has opened a door somewhere for a number of reasons.

Yes, but most systems also have interior motion sensors. SOMETHING will get them at some point.

The best is not having them come inside the house at all. The glass breaks will do that best.

I would respectfully disagree with using MOST in the reference of motion sensors..

Many people don't get that feature due to it not allowing you to roam the house
when they are home and the alarm activated. Would work well if you could selectively activate it when you leave the house and inactivate that part of the system when you are at home sleeping and getting up in the night to get a drink/snack etc.

You can do that....

gonelifting said:
Also, at night when the family is going to bed, you can bypass the interior motion sensors (press 2 buttons) and only have the perimeter doors, windows, glass breaks on. This way if you are walking around inside at night, like going to the kitchen for some water or drugs etc... the motion sensors won't be triggered but the outside (perimeter) is still "alarmed" in case someone tries to break in through a window or door, glass.

what happens if u have the alarm/motion sensors activated; and you get up in the middle of the night to stumble to the bathroom?

does your movements set off the alarm?

rnch said:
what happens if u have the alarm/motion sensors activated; and you get up in the middle of the night to stumble to the bathroom?

does your movements set off the alarm?

look at the two posts above yours.

You can bypass any "zone" on the system. The interior zone is bypassed at night while you're home.

ohhh.........so u would have to press a button to stumble "down the hall"?

would a dog or cat running around inside the house trip the motion dectectors?

rnch said:
ohhh.........so u would have to press a button to stumble "down the hall"?

would a dog or cat running around inside the house trip the motion dectectors?

No, at night before retiring you would turn the alarm ON. By doing that you can bypass the interior zone at the same time. The alarm isn't usually ON 24/7. It goes on when you leave the house or when you retire for the night or.... if you know you'll be home all day and want the perimeter alarmed, you'd do the same thing as when you're retiring for the night.

Mine sequence is "Interior, My code, On, Instant" The Instant is for as soon as the door(s) or window(s) is opened/breaks, the alarm sounds. There is no delay for shutting it down as opposed to coming home and it giving you 30 seconds to punch in your code.

Top Bottom