Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Home Gym

MXEng10

Anyone ever lift at their home gym, or have a home gym while on? Probably a dumb thread and ill get nailed for it, only reason im asking, is only gym in my area is gettin real crowded,have to get in line to use a machine that come cockey little skinny 19 yr old is on and I dont want to have to throw someone through the floor anytime soon. Hard to keep a good pump going sometimes. just a question to throw out there, ignore if ud like.

-MX

We have one 760 square feet gym with everything but the weight is not enough i usually max it out so the gym is better for me.

Unless you have a good home gym, its not worth it. I was lifting with a pretty big guy, that would lift at his home sometimes. He built a building on his property and put all of his workout machines in there. He acutally had a leg press sled, power rack, cable crossovers and the like. It took him a few years to accumulate all of his stuff, but that is the only way I would ever lift at home. You also have the problem of not getting a spot when you would like either.

I've got a killer home gym. I don't know why? I bought it before I lived walking distance from a major gym chain.

I imagine if you got a power rack, bench, and olympic bar / plates you should be alright. It would not offer you a lot of variation but you could concentrate on the big exercises such as Squat, Deadlift, Bench, Military Press, etc. You could also do weighted dips/chins with the right attachments or do it yourself.

a good set up for a home gym will get expensive. best bet is to either go at a different time of day, or find another gym.

Thanks for your input guys, guess ill be changing my working hours some... gonna have to be either a 5 am workout or 8pm workout... hmmmmmmm

I had an awesome home setup when I was living with two other guys in a house.....after i moved out into an apartment I had to sell it. But when I get a house.....I think I'll set one up again. I'll probably still have a gym membership to somewhere I can swim and go do cardio.......but I've honestly had some of the best workouts of my life in my home gym. My roommates and I set up a sound system with some older components we had lying around......it was fucking awesome, you can't beat BLARING metallica, anthrax etc.....no gym anywhere can say that.

as a teen i meet a steroid monkey in my local town .he introducted me to gear . his name was jimmy in his garage he had built his own equipment with a torch and metal beams, he built a power/squat rack, a flat bench , and incline bench .He even had a midevil looking lat pull down A seat with 2 pullies attached to a beam on the roof the end where the weight went you just pulled the cable through the holes in the weights then wrapped it and clipped it also it doubled as a tricep extention.

Jimmy even used left over steel bars from his dads welding shop to build weight bars.

Then we had to go out one night and steall man hole covers they weighed exactly 97lbs each with the holes already in the middle. i rember he only had 6 plates one night we drove through down town tampa he took a pry bar lifted each one and threw um in the back of a truck then that fucker really got massive and we didnt have to keep moving the plates around over and over.

we grew up in the boonies closest gym was around 45 minutes away.
It goes to show if you love body building and are creative enough you can make almost anything happen

After thinking about it I get kinda emotional and miss that part of my life .That was one of the best thing in my I can rember flipping on the lights to that garage and lifting with bare iron bars and weights.The steel would forge its way into your hands and after a few months your hands became leather gloves covered in calisis.It was great

Top Bottom