Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

HIT Training

ExtraMile

High End Bro
Platinum
Im pretty interested in this, Iv been reading about Mike Mentzer's style of training and stuff like that.

One of his biggest accomplishments Iv read is that Casey Victor did only 12 low volume, high intensity, 30minute workouts over 28 days and by the end he was 63lbs heavier. Although Mentzer did admit afterwards that Casey was literally force fed and the experiment wasnt drug free.

Im confused though, is HIT training only for experienced lifters who are getting 'assistance'? The only program from this sort of mindset I see being reccomended for naturals/beginners is Max-OT. And even that people have said built more strength than size. When DC training is mensioned people say you should have at least 10years of lifting experience. But what about other stuff like Heavy Duty and the such?

Im not wanting to do something like this now, but maybe in the near future. After all Iv been training properly over a year now and Im still doing progressive overload (increasing lifts a little each week) but mass gains slowed now, however I did go through a phase of wanting to cut and so calories were a bit lower which could explain the lack off mass gain lately. What do people think to that? Could I still gain mass just doing straight sets and carrying on with what Im doing?

Besides, I just read this which was from Mike Menzter:

Beginners

For beginners starting a weight training program is a huge leap in intensity from not training, and this is why they make such rapid gains at first. To keep progressing they can simply keep increasing the weights and decreasing the rest periods between sets. When they stop making gains this way they are ready for the next level of intensity.

Intermediates

At this stage a more intense stress is required, this is be done by using Pre-Exhaustion sets, for example a set of Leg Extensions to failure followed by a set of Leg Press (or Squats) to failure. Also forced reps and negatives to go beyond the point of positive failure can be occasionally used. These techniques will carry someone into the advanced level, Mike reached this point and using these techniques he was unable to get bigger or stronger, this forced him to do further research into the highest levels of intensity.

there is also more about advanced and super advanced trainers but thats not really relivent.

Thoughts?

i watched the seminar he did about it and the training video and wasnt impressed. i personally wouldnt respond well to it but thats just me.

if youve been doing high volume training then you can benefit from doing HIT workout and vice versa. But, imo, if youve plateaued in mass and strength gains, adding more weight or more intensity (HIT) will be more effective then adding another set (high volume). download dorian yates blood and guts training, he advocates on high intensity training. ive been doing high intensity rather then high volume lately and im seeing great mass and strength gains, also on a very high calorie diet.

if youve been doing high volume training then you can benefit from doing HIT workout and vice versa. But, imo, if youve plateaued in mass and strength gains, adding more weight or more intensity (HIT) will be more effective then adding another set (high volume). download dorian yates blood and guts training, he advocates on high intensity training. ive been doing high intensity rather then high volume lately and im seeing great mass and strength gains, also on a very high calorie diet.

i'll have to check that out. thanks.

is that just the film blood and guts? because iv got that on DVD at home, wierd because i only got it this morning before i made this thread lol

yeah watch the dvd. his style of training is high intensity and youll learn alot from his techniques.

so you do thing Im experienced enough to do a HIT style of training taking sets beyond failure?

well you dont need to have much experience to do hit. just make sure your form is good. begginers often do countless sets and sets of an exercise but drop the weights when they start to "feel the pain". if they tough it out and keep pushing, they would see better results. if you do 8 sets of an exercise but dont do any of them to failure, you would be wasting you time if your goal was mass/strength gain.

i watched the seminar he did about it and the training video and wasnt impressed. i personally wouldnt respond well to it but thats just me.

I agree. I have a friend that trained with Mike. Total waist of money he said. MM was a loon and his training ideas he tried very hard to make so unique to make a buck.

Top Bottom