Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

high carbs and get ripped??ways that we dont think about dieting

N

nclifter6feet6

ways that we diet
1. regular protien/low carbs/low fat
2. 2xprotien/low carbs/low fat
3. regular protien/high carbs/low fat
4. regular protien/high carbs/high fat
5. high protien/low carbs/high fat
6. low protien/high carbs/low fat, not likely
7. low protien/low carbs/high fat, not likely

i think as long as you keep them below your maintance calorie rate you will loose fat, some ways are better than others. i dont see many people going the low protien route with the high carbs...if u notice alot of skinny ripped kids with abs dont eat much protien but high carbs they eat. it would seem easy to go on a diet where u could eat alot of carbs and loose fat, shure you will loose muscle too but hey you will be ripped and maybe only loose 15 pounds or muscle to your 35 pounds of fat and be ripped and not crave foods as much and i would also think it would be easy to maintain that leanness year round too because high carbs satiate hunger and you wouldnt feel like binging... what do you guys think about a high carb diet.

i know this goes against the traditional diet, but to me it seems like it would work, the ONLY difference i see is........

--------the negative of a high carb diet and low protien-you will probably loose more muscle on this type of diet

+++++the positive of a high carb diet low protien- you will more likely to stay lean year around and not have big wild cravings.

we all know that when we diet, we wish we could stay that way year round ya know.

i think when u get to your desired leanness then you can slowly , i mean sloooowly over time add little by little more protien to your diet and maybe some fats too. remember that thing about muscle memory too. i believe you can gain back lost muscle fairly easy.

suggestions comments?

Actually, when I eat more carbs I have more cravings. By limiting carbs, I crave sugar MUCH less. I used to diet with a moderate carb intake; just watched calories and made sure I ate enough protein. I would constantly crave sugar - and I mean constantly. Couldn't get it out of my mind. Now I diet with moderate fat, moderate protein, and low carbs (<30grams/day) and I NEVER crave sugar. I just wish I could eat more calories (sob).

Which goes back to the fact that ANY diet with a negative calorie balance that also has adaquete protein and (should) have adaquete fat will result in fat loss. People have gotten lean on any diet imaginable, and much of what is lost once a few requirements are met (see above) is based on workouts (lifting) to some degree, but mostly genetics. This is of course assuming no drug use, which changes everything.

Carbs will cause more apetite blunting for some, but most likely only if the carbs are from fibrous green sources that are more filling and less calorie dense. Refined carbs almost ALWAYS result in more hunger, as well as many starch carbs. Fat and protein usually have a greater satiating effect b/c of CCK release, slower gastric emtying (slower digestion). Thats why keto diets usually work better for many people b/c of decreased appetite, but this isn't universally true.

On low-protein diet (assuming your carrying around a decent amount of muscle) you will not lean out...get smaller?, yes..lean? probably not. When I did that, I ended up at a low weight and very small..with a shitload of fat left on my body.

I've found protein cycling to work well for me tho. Not the 1 month
one but the 3 day cycle of low-protein 2 and high protein 1.

Also Animalbolics with eating nothing for 18 hours except 100g of protein and some carbs. Since protein utilization goes up I didnt have to eat as much as usual but got the same effect, did this for a while didnt lose much muscle.

Protein cycling doesnt work at all, not even for a short period of time. It takes a 12 day adaption to take place for upregulation or downregulation to take place. Changing protein intake every few days does nothing in terms of protein utilization.

true while eating below maintainence you will lose weight no matter your ratio's, but the diference in the way your physique appears is our most concern - CORRECT? And I have to say if your eating alot of carbs then your going to hold alot more water than if you were not. So High carb will make you appear smoother. Obviously high fat wont allow you to get in as much of the other nutrient ratio's as you would like since fat is double+ the calorie content as pro/carb. So that is why Bodybuilders tend to eat a High Protein/Lower carb/Moderate healthy fat diet. This is what works best in both fat loss and appearance.

and I agree with JJFigure that when I eat more carbs I tend to crave them more. When I eat Protein and healthy fat meals I'm totally satisfied. Carbs are for energy...if your not doing anything to use them up then there's no need for an excess supply. I only have carbs postworkout- that in my opionion is the only time you need them...and I don't hold back at these times.

Skinny ripped kids with abs usually don't eat alot, if they do they have a fast metabolism or their bodies are quick to utilize the carbs. It's best to diet w/protein and fat in there to preserve muscle and make sure you get essential fatty acids, etc. There's no rule saying dieting w/carbs won't work, everyone's different.

Also, gotta remember that insulin does play a role in fat storage. You will lose weight with any sub maintenence diet, but what kind of weight depends on the diet. I'd assume if you ate a very high carb, low pro low fat diet, you would lose weight but you'd look like shit. If cravings are a problem, throw in a cheat meal/day or a refeed if you gotta, or just don't diet until you're ready to commit to it 100%

Never said it worked like claimed. Simply said if you really wanted to reduce overall protein intake for a couple days you wont lose muscle.

That guy who purposed the idea of protein cycling lives down here where I go to school..might have to pay him a visit soon to talk to him about his ideas.

The whole protein cycling idea was developed years ago by Dr. Marcus Jones, he wrote an article on it over at T-mag, look it up. Since then Lyle has completely debunked the approach and explained psysiologically why it is crap. Check out his four part protein article over at Think Muscle. Your friend didnt develop the plan unless he his Dr. Jones. Even before then the concept was used, beleive Vince Gironda had a similar idea but I may be wrong (too lazy to look it up)

Top Bottom