Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hey girls, new here

Mrs_Sly_S13

Hey I just started training and haven't really came up with my full diet and everything. I am 26 years old, 5'7, 113lbs, currently at 15% body fat. I want to add mass and definition. I train 4 days a week, 2 of which are at home and the other 2 at the gym. I do only 1 cardio session for 30 min. a week right now because I am afraid to lose more weight. My main focus is my glutes and legs. My hubby says I have chicken legs haha.. I also train my biceps, triceps, back, abs, and my traps.
My diet consists of eggs, bacon and rice for breakfast (most days), then the rest of the day i limit myself to mainly chicken and vegetables and fruit. I also have a Muscle Milk shake once a day.

What I am looking for, is some advise from other women on what I should be doing to gain mass but without fat. How should I be eating?

Thanks for any advise you can give. I really appreciate it~
Li~

Mrs_Sly_S13 said:
Hey I just started training and haven't really came up with my full diet and everything. I am 26 years old, 5'7, 113lbs, currently at 15% body fat. I want to add mass and definition. I train 4 days a week, 2 of which are at home and the other 2 at the gym. I do only 1 cardio session for 30 min. a week right now because I am afraid to lose more weight. My main focus is my glutes and legs. My hubby says I have chicken legs haha.. I also train my biceps, triceps, back, abs, and my traps.
My diet consists of eggs, bacon and rice for breakfast (most days), then the rest of the day i limit myself to mainly chicken and vegetables and fruit. I also have a Muscle Milk shake once a day.

What I am looking for, is some advise from other women on what I should be doing to gain mass but without fat. How should I be eating?

Li~
prolly better to check back in tomorrow,most of the ladies will be in then,all the freaks on at night scare the girls off,oh and welcome to EF

Mrs_Sly_S13 said:

Li~
Hey Li,

~*~WeLcOmE~*~

I just wanted to say hello. As you can tell by my user name, our fitness goals are probably totally different :artist: . But that's ok! I have poured over the stickies at the top of this forum for hours on end over the past couple months. There are so many helpful ladies here. Great to meet you!

No real advice except try logging everything that goes into your mouth over the next couple days or so by keeping an accurate food journal. This is what some of the ladies reccomended to me. It was VERY revelaing and sorta scary becuase eventhough my workouts were awesome, my diet was way off. I was eating too much for the goals I have. Who knows, you might not be eating enough if you are working out intensely. Something to check into. I know it takes good nutrition to build muscle. Like I said, study the stickies. Especially the Tatyana ones re: nutrition.

Anyway, great to meet you! I'm Molly. :heart:

Hi and welcome

Cool, I have wanted to help out someone put on some size instead of lose fat.

Would it be possible to get a bit more info, like your training split, what exercises you are doing for your legs and each body part?

Do you put on fat easily or are you one of those type of women that can eat a lot and not have to worry too much?

You may have to put on a wee bit of fat to put on some muscle, but not much. You are at a perfect bodyfat right not for mass building BTW.

Tatyana said:
Cool, I have wanted to help out someone put on some size instead of lose fat.

I think it important that one understand the difference between what you said and "the goal" that most women have in mind when it comes to fitness or getting into some sort of physical shape.

Let me try and illustrate this with my own example: before I dieted down for my first bodybuilding show back in the day I kept on and on about how "my legs were too big" that was, until I dieted down and once most of the fat and water was gone I saw that as far as muscle composition went I REALLY had legs that would make Frank Perdue proud. In other words, I had the legs of a CHICKEN! :lmao:

It's easy to say but until one has seen the number on the tape measure go down while the number of the scale either remain constant or actually GO UP... most just don't make the mental connection.

Miss Curvy Mommy also gave some of THE BEST advice for anyone who is "just starting out" regardless of their goal.

DIET IS CRITICAL regardless of whether one is training for a show or just wanting to change body composition a bit to look and feel better.

Oh yes, and finally:

WELCOME! :)

Welcome, I think you'll find this place most helpful. :)

Top Bottom