Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hey Do Ya'll Get Yelled At When You Drop Weights in Your Gym?

I hate the people that drop them like toys; almost tossing them on the ground because they think they're so hard-core.

The only time I drop them is when I'm doing my heavy set of DB bench press, and even then I lower them (The 100's now) to about 6 inches off the floor, but I don't let go of them until they're basically on the ground. That's not a harsh enough angle to cause shoulder damage.

Just be respectful of the weights. Without them, you'd still be average.

I have a gym and although i dont YELL at anyone, it has cost me alot of $$$ to replace broken dumbells that could have been put down instead of dropped = lazy

I think if you're lifting so much that you're worried about rotator cuffs and muscle pulls, then you're lifting too much. If you're dropping your dbs because they're too heavy to put down like a man, then use a lighter weight! Quit trying to look like a badass. It's embarrassing.

blood_drinker said:

If you are on incline db press, and finished the movement, supinate your wrists so the dbs are parallel to your body, then bring your knee up one at a time, and place the dbs on your knees. You should swing back to sitting position like this. Takes practice to get it perfectly, but soon it will become second nature and you won't look like an attention craving pretty boy lifter.

"respect the weights and the weights will respect you"
- whoever said that.

That is the exact way I do my db press. I get people trying to tell me just drop the weights on the floor
so you don't waste energy.
The funny thing is I still out lift them.:D

I try to only drop the weights if it is just to heavey for me to set them down.

NO u dont get yelled at but everyone looks at u like u are retarded espescally if your not big.

While I normally don't drop weights there are times when it happens:bawling: My training partner and I were recently trying a new gym when he did put down a dumbbell (it was not dropped). One of the staff came out out of the aerobics studio which was a distance away and told us we were disturbing the Yoga class...Sheesh! We never went back to that gym.

Of course

I have my own gym,

But nothing beats the feeling of doing a hard set of standing superheavy overhead presses- and then lettingthe weight come crashing down.

But thats me :)

Top Bottom