Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

hey car peeps

RottenWillow

Plat Hero
Platinum
Is 13.024 considered a good quarter mile time or no big deal? Some of you may remember my RSX has had a lot of work done and my fiance took it to this drag strip place recently and ran it there. He brought back this receipt that had that time on it.
 
i wouldn't know.

I never understood the allure of buying a 20K car for racing.
 
RottenWillow said:
Is 13.024 considered a good quarter mile time or no big deal? Some of you may remember my RSX has had a lot of work done and my fiance took it to this drag strip place recently and ran it there. He brought back this receipt that had that time on it.

decent time for an RSX.. if you drove a drag racer then it would be slow..
 
Was he wearing his Vin Diesel Fast and Furious Shades when he did this ?
vin_diesel.jpg


If so, ... awesome
 
Your RSX ran a 13? Was it an RSX-S? You must have done quite a lot to make that front wheel drive 4 banger run a 13.
 
dunk said:
nice 1/4.

12 and under and your golden.

I dont really undertand why the number he got doesnt seem more impressive than that considering the car tested at 337 wheel horsepower. I guess it's because the torque is still only 215? Or maybe a better driver could get a shorter time? I know from my own experience in it that if you keep the rpms high it goes like hell, but if you let them drop below 4k it really doesnt feel like much at all.

Anyway, not sure what I was expecting, but 13.0 didnt seem like much.
 
s w o l e said:
Your RSX ran a 13? Was it an RSX-S? You must have done quite a lot to make that front wheel drive 4 banger run a 13.


Exactly. 2005 Mustang GT's still have to have quite a few mods to get into the high 12's-low 13's
 
can someone explain to me why people by hondas and acuras and fix them up.. why not just take all that money and get an AMG benz, Porshe, or if you are on a budget, a Vette
 
s w o l e said:
You must have done quite a lot to make that front wheel drive 4 banger run a 13.

A shitload of stuff! That's why that number just didnt seem like a lot to me, but admittedly I dont really know much about 1/4 mile numbers.
 
Lestat said:
can someone explain to me why people by hondas and acuras and fix them up.. why not just take all that money and get an AMG benz, Porshe, or if you are on a budget, a Vette

On a budget?

dude, purchase price + all mods came to 28K. I'll be all over it if you can hook me up with a low mileage 2003 28k vette.
 
RottenWillow said:
Is 13.024 considered a good quarter mile time or no big deal? Some of you may remember my RSX has had a lot of work done and my fiance took it to this drag strip place recently and ran it there. He brought back this receipt that had that time on it.

Thats frickin fast for an RSX....what kind of work have you had done...?

I've had extensive work on my Grand Prix GT and replaced parts and added a supercharger, light weight aluminun cradle.... an overdrive pulley, new heads, new cam, throttle bottle and lightweight wheels....

My car has ran an 11.028...on a 1/4 mile ...but thats after thousands of dollars...... :rolleyes: wasn't really smart on that desicison.....

Either way that is still exceptionally fast for an RSX..
 
Lickin LollyPops said:
Thats frickin fast for an RSX....what kind of work have you had done...?

I've had extensive work on my Grand Prix GT and replaced parts and added a supercharger, light weight aluminun cradle.... an overdrive pulley, new heads, new cam, throttle bottle and lightweight wheels....

My car has ran an 11.028...on a 1/4 mile ...but thats after thousands of dollars...... :rolleyes: wasn't really smart on that desicison.....

Either way that is still exceptionally fast for an RSX..

Whoa! That sounds stupid fast! I think that's the kind of number I was expecting.

We've had very similar mods done. Jackson Racing supercharger, Pulleyboys 3" pulley to increase it to 11psi (as high as reccomended for that engine), Hondata programmable engine management, new cams, CAI, Exedy limited slip diff, catback, header. Only reason we even chose to do all that is my dad and fiance were able to do ALL the work themselves, which you know saved an assload of money.
 
yes, think of it this way 12 sec 1/4miles = roughly 4-5 sec 0-60 times, 13= 5-6, 14-6-7, 15-7-8. these are all rough estimates, but hte majority of it unfurls like that. did he have street tires or drags? if streets that is one impressive car cuz unless hes lightened the weight, thats some impressive engine power. on streets with all the wheel spin and tire burn and he manages to pull off 13 seconds, on drags it would be 12s. very nice time i should say.

i jsut read up: 337 wheel horsepower is fucking insaaaane. is it turbo charged? 337 works out to like 360 at the crankshaft. and the crankshaft horsepower is what all the car companies advertise. like when ferrari says x car has 500 hp, its talking about crank horsepower. but wheel hp is where it counts cuz thats how much power is actually going to the wheels and propelling the car, now how much the engine is making.
 
RottenWillow said:
Is 13.024 considered a good quarter mile time or no big deal? Some of you may remember my RSX has had a lot of work done and my fiance took it to this drag strip place recently and ran it there. He brought back this receipt that had that time on it.

i use to run that back in highschool but then i tore my acl.
 
Lickin LollyPops said:
Thats frickin fast for an RSX....what kind of work have you had done...?

I've had extensive work on my Grand Prix GT and replaced parts and added a supercharger, light weight aluminun cradle.... an overdrive pulley, new heads, new cam, throttle bottle and lightweight wheels....

My car has ran an 11.028...on a 1/4 mile ...but thats after thousands of dollars...... :rolleyes: wasn't really smart on that desicison.....

Either way that is still exceptionally fast for an RSX..

11 seconds in a Grand Prix huh..??
 
Y_lifter said:
Was he wearing his Vin Diesel Fast and Furious Shades when he did this ?
vin_diesel.jpg


If so, ... awesome


LOL, I was just watching pitch black last night, those shades rock.

Cheers,
Scotsman
 
Someone please tell me what this freakin car had done before my head explodes.
 
Your car would be a good go with my '72 pickup truck...I'd still take you though as I typically run 12.6's. Do you know your 0-60' times?
 
Mr. Black said:
Your car would be a good go with my '72 pickup truck...I'd still take you though as I typically run 12.6's. Do you know your 0-60' times?

Not impressive prior to the new differential. From a rolling start it was crazy quick, but from a dead stop I mostly just ran in place like Fred Flintstone.

Swole, I posted the mods an hour before you even asked for them.

yarg, yeah it makes really good horsepower, but like I was just telling someone else a totally stock 350Z makes more wheel ft lbs. It was on the same tires I use to go to work, some type of Michelins, couldnt tell you the exact kind though.
 
I see it. I'm we todd did.
 
RottenWillow said:
Not impressive prior to the new differential. From a rolling start it was crazy quick, but from a dead stop I mostly just ran in place like Fred Flintstone.

.

Some decent Drag Radials would help with that...
 
RottenWillow said:
Not impressive prior to the new differential. From a rolling start it was crazy quick, but from a dead stop I mostly just ran in place like Fred Flintstone.

Swole, I posted the mods an hour before you even asked for them.

yarg, yeah it makes really good horsepower, but like I was just telling someone else a totally stock 350Z makes more wheel ft lbs. It was on the same tires I use to go to work, some type of Michelins, couldnt tell you the exact kind though.

you have a new differential? why did you need it? i mean its not generating near enough horsepower to require a new differential, when a stock one will do ? i mean, differentials are craaaaazy on your wallet. and i am not too sure, but i think it is characteristic of all honda motors to have shotty torque but great horsepower- thats probably what vtec is for. dont fret, your car is powerful enough and can smoke a mustang any day.
 
What was his trap speed (mph at the end of the 13 second run)?

RSX-S runs what, mid 15s stock? 13s for what you put into it is pretty fast. I don't know how good of a driver he is, so if he was a bit sloppy on shifting or launching, the car could be capable of high 12s, just not with him behind the wheel.

Race tires would improve the launch for sure. Doing 13s on street tires is nice. It'd be even better if he got minimal to no wheelspin coming off the line. If you know (and trust) someone that's excellent at dragging, you might want them to take a few passes in the car to see what they can get out of the car. Went with a friend and his uncle to the track once to run his uncle's Nova. They had just put a 383 Stroker in and his uncle wasn't even running the car, his friend was because he was a hell of a lot more consistant.

The car is probably faster than 90% of the ricer cars you're going to come across on the street. I was on a Honda board for a while and they were bragging about getting their cars into the low 14s and high 13s, so yeah, you're doing good. Drag radials, high octane fuel, and consistant driving and the car should break into the very high 12s.
 
RottenWillow said:
I dont really undertand why the number he got doesnt seem more impressive than that considering the car tested at 337 wheel horsepower. I guess it's because the torque is still only 215? Or maybe a better driver could get a shorter time? I know from my own experience in it that if you keep the rpms high it goes like hell, but if you let them drop below 4k it really doesnt feel like much at all.

Anyway, not sure what I was expecting, but 13.0 didnt seem like much.


Horsepower sells cars... torque wins races.

13.0 is very fast for a streetable front drive 4 banger.


flash
 
Yarg! said:
you have a new differential? why did you need it? i mean its not generating near enough horsepower to require a new differential, when a stock one will do ? i mean, differentials are craaaaazy on your wallet. and i am not too sure, but i think it is characteristic of all honda motors to have shotty torque but great horsepower- thats probably what vtec is for. dont fret, your car is powerful enough and can smoke a mustang any day.

I'm going to assume they put a limited slip differential in there. Without it, torque steer on a FWD is a bitch, even if you're only pushing 200 lb ft of torque. I was able to invoke some nasty torque steer out of a Nissan Altima with a 4banger, and that has less power than her RSX is pushing. Plus when the ground was a little wet, I'd start spinning the front right tire like mad before the left would start to spin.
 
crak600 said:
I'm going to assume they put a limited slip differential in there. Without it, torque steer on a FWD is a bitch, even if you're only pushing 200 lb ft of torque. I was able to invoke some nasty torque steer out of a Nissan Altima with a 4banger, and that has less power than her RSX is pushing. Plus when the ground was a little wet, I'd start spinning the front right tire like mad before the left would start to spin.

that's it. An Exedy limited slip differential. Before that it just set the tires on fire at a stand still, but you really didnt go anywhere, hence the Fred Flintstone reference. And if the road was wet I could feel the front of the car actually float sideways a little, but you could outrun it on foot.

trap speed...I had to go look. It was 116mph.


Flash, you post too much. Get a life, son.
 
RottenWillow said:
Is 13.024 considered a good quarter mile time or no big deal? Some of you may remember my RSX has had a lot of work done and my fiance took it to this drag strip place recently and ran it there. He brought back this receipt that had that time on it.

at first you dont know if 13 seconds is good and call this thing that has some #'s on it a receipt.

RottenWillow said:
that's it. An Exedy limited slip differential. Before that it just set the tires on fire at a stand still, but you really didnt go anywhere, hence the Fred Flintstone reference. And if the road was wet I could feel the front of the car actually float sideways a little, but you could outrun it on foot.

trap speed...I had to go look. It was 116mph.


Flash, you post too much. Get a life, son.

now your talking about exedy Limitied slips and trap speeds.

uhhhhhh
 
dunk said:
at first you dont know if 13 seconds is good and call this thing that has some #'s on it a receipt.



now your talking about exedy Limitied slips and trap speeds.

uhhhhhh

I just couldnt relate to 1/4 times, didnt know what was great, decent, etc.

What's wrong with calling that thing a receipt? What's it supposed to be called?
 
Top Bottom