Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

help with upper chest & bench Q pls

bran987

Guys, I'm really struggling here.

My upper chest is lagging. Ok, so I'm trying to make it better.

One person suggested to do incline bench instead of flat (period.) which I can do, but then another person said you don't need to cut out flat, just do it like this:

http://www.eclipse2000.com/bt_articles/rob_wagner_2.html

I have read the article twice and realize that I need to use a wider (relatively) grip on the bench to hit the clavicular portion of the pec, but I don't understand how he says to keep your elbows in. How do I keep my elbows in on a bench press without using a much narrower grip?

I'm presuming you should not be able to do as much weight with the elbows in like he suggests?

And about where the bar should be on the descent.. he says this:

"The landmark that I prefer to use is the xiphoid process, the little piece of cartilage that extends off your sternum (breast bone) at the top of your abs. For most individuals lowering the bar to this region will keep the elbows in and ensure that the forearms are in a vertical position."

He says not to lower the bar to the nipple region, but to lower it to the top of your abs. Isn't the top of your abs basically the same place as your nipples?

If the first guy was right and I need to stop flat bench for now, that's cool, but I'd like to figure out this article if I could because eventually I will go back to flat.. it's my strongest exercise.

karma for help I am so stumped. wish there were pics.:confused:

Easy way to solve this
Incline Bench first to strengthen Pec minor and Front delts, and stress Pec major.
Seconf flat bench bar should touch Nipple or lower, not cartilage cause if you drop it to fast you might break it off, or wind yourself (solus Plexus), arms should not be flare wide but elbows should be at 45 dgree angle or closer.

And too help upper chest can be a lot of overhead pressing

Top Bottom